What will you be doing?
The Building, Infrastructure & Maritime Unit (BI&M) has translated its strategy into Product Market Combinations (PMC) in research areas relevant to the unit. The activities within such a PMC focus on a combination of market approach/order intake, knowledge development and operational completion in the projects. One of the PMCs is Smart Megastructures. This PMC contributes to the Maritime & Offshore roadmap and focuses on the reliability and safety of maritime structures under dynamic loads. The focus is on critical connections in offshore structures, foundations of offshore wind turbines and the safety of ship structures and fuel tanks.
The main challenge of the Smart Megastructures PMC is to develop new propositions together with the market. Internally, TNO also faces the necessary challenges, including bringing together expertise across departments and Units. The projects make use of complex lab facilities.
Your role is to connect the outside world and the inside world of TNO in an inspiring way, in principle for a period of about 2 years. Together with the PMC team, you are the driving force behind the activities and resources needed for the PMC to plot the proper course and achieve the formulated goals. You report to the management in a functional line.
What are you going to do:
- From an active knowledge of trends and a relevant network in the maritime and offshore market, you connect expertise and market developments in order to come up with the best solutions for the issues in the market. This means actively entering the market, taking stock of challenging issues for both clients and TNO and, based on that, developing projects and programmes together with the team and clients.
- You plot the course through which innovations are developed. In coordination with the experts, you build the proper knowledge portfolio and monitor the phasing (including starting and stopping topics) of solutions.
- You are responsible for the completion of projects and capacity planning of the contracted projects within the PMC.
- You are responsible for the development and proper deployment of the employees associated with the PMC. You do this in such a way that the team is robust and future-proof.
- You are responsible for the cooperation between the employees attached to the PMC, so that everyone makes an active contribution to the common goals.
- You focus on innovation, vision development and external orientation of the employees attached to the PMC.
- You ensure that the PMC is in line with the strategic objectives of the Maritime and Offshore roadmap, now and in the future.
- You propagate the course of the PMC within the Unit and establish and maintain contacts inside and outside the Unit.
What do we require of you?
You are the face of the PMC, inside and outside the organisation. You have up-to-date knowledge of trends and a relevant network in the (international) maritime and offshore market. What else can you offer?
- Academic thinking and working skills;
- Strong planning skills;
- You inspire, connect and instil confidence;
- You think from the outside in;
- You are enterprising;
- You combine commercial and managerial experience;
- Background in shipbuilding / maritime engineering (higher professional/university education) is an advantage.
What can you expect of your work situation?
As an independent research firm, TNO bridges the gap between the academic and commercial worlds. We translate research results into clear applications and solutions. Thereby solving future problems today. We will give you ample time to give due consideration to the situations on which you are working. Project complete? Then we will continue our journey of discovery, looking for new tools, models and advice that will benefit Dutch companies and organisations in the future. With around 3,000 employees, we are active in nine different spheres for a wide array of clients, including governments, SMEs, social organisations, major corporates and service providers.
Read more about TNO as an employer here
You will work within the market team of the Construction, Infrastructure & Maritime (BI&M) unit. With a team of professionals you work on making the built environment more sustainable. Key to this is reducing energy use, closing material cycles and ensuring a more efficient maintenance of buildings and infrastructure to extend their lifespan. In terms of energy in the built environment, we want to be a partner for innovation in the most important challenges facing the market. Our focus is on industrial concepts for renovation and new builds, the development of a new generation of heat pumps, heat storage and ventilation technology. We do not do this alone, but in close collaboration with universities (of applied sciences), and as part of international consortiums in Europe. In addition, we work with the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, municipalities and housing associations, for which we want to find a link between technological development and policy, for instance in the area of energy performance standards and health.
Read more about the department here
What can TNO offer you?
Challenging and varied work. And full of opportunities because at TNO you are, by and large, the master of your own career. Besides a gross monthly salary in between € 4.799,- and € 6.972,- (depending on your knowledge and experience), holiday pay and a thirteenth month, you will be given ample opportunities for self-development.
At TNO, you can put together a ‘menu’ of terms of employment that suits your personal situation. What you can expect:
- Flexible working times and the option of working from home.
- Prospect of a permanent contract.
- 28 days of holiday and 5 ATV days (additional days of paid leave) (on the basis of full-time employment).
- A lease car, laptop and mobile phone
- Fun activities with your team, site and the whole of TNO. This will help you to quickly get to know many of your colleagues.
- The opportunity to do courses, training programmes and workshops, and attend conferences.
- Coaching, if required.
- A good pension scheme.
- Extensive moving package for international applicants.
which terms of employment you can choose from.
You can apply till September 1.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Lara Hagendoorn
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Machteld Kroon, de
Phone number: 08886 66363