Project leader dynamics of martime constructions
Contributing to the dynamics of maritime constructions. Envision it. Become a Project leader TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
You will lead various complex research projects and consultancy assignments in the fields of construction, infra and maritime. All projects have an interface with the reliable and safe deployment of new or deployment of new or existing structures. The emphasis of your project portfolio will be on the maritime domain. As project leader, you will manage project teams with various content experts. In terms of content, you are more involved from the sidelines. Your task is to steer the project in the right direction and to stimulate and relieve your team.
What will be your role?
You’ll ensure the proper coordination of the activities, so that the promised end result is delivered to everyone’s satisfaction.
Projects are often implemented in multidisciplinary teams, generally in close collaboration with the client and/or partners. You’ll enhance the profile of TNO in the outside world, for example through publications and presentations.
You’ll be working in TNO’s Structural Dynamics department. Here you’ll become part of a diverse, international group of around 50 colleagues. The atmosphere in the department is relaxed and approachable.
Structural Dynamics is mainly involved in projects within the fields of construction and infrastructure, maritime and offshore, and defence (mainly ship vulnerability). Through our research, knowledge development, and advice, we contribute to innovative solutions, for example to extend the service life of structures (such as buildings, bridges, and navy and other ships) and improve their safety. The projects you’ll work on are decided in consultation with you. Work at Structural Dynamics is varied, innovative, and impactful.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A university Master’s degree in the field of maritime technology, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or aerospace engineering, with a specialisation in mechanics.
- Substantial relevant work experience.
- A solid theoretical foundation, but also a practical understanding of the behaviour of structures. With additional knowledge and experience of setting up and successfully carrying out projects.
- A healthy curiosity and an interest in taking on clients’ challenges, and also in managing internal improvement and development strategies.
- Good communication skills.
- A good command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 21th of August, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 25th of August, 2022. The second interview round has been scheduled for the 1st of September, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Frank Bax
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 113 20080
Hiring manager: Tom Basten
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 66489