What will be your role?
You manage research projects and consultancy assignments of the Structural Reliability department. All projects have interfaces with construction and infrastructure, but the subjects are diverse. Examples include developing a new circular asphalt mixture, predicting the lifespan of a storm surge barrier or finding more reliable calculation methods to determine the structural safety of monumental structures. As a project manager, you guide project teams of substantive experts. In terms of content, you are more involved from the sidelines. Your task is to steer every project in the right direction and to stimulate and support your team.
Under your management, the projects are successfully delivered. You ensure that we adhere to contract agreements and budgets and that the client is satisfied. Even if the outcome may not be the expected solution. Meanwhile, you focus on good publicity and encourage a maximum learning effect among project staff. How you approach all this is up to you. You get a lot of freedom to work in the way that suits you. There are also opportunities to spar and exchange experiences with other project managers.
On average, project managers at Structural Reliability run about ten to fifteen projects at a time. That means a great deal of variety! If you are joining us as a junior, you will start with the smaller projects, such as a project with a duration of three months, a budget of €50,000 and a team of three experts. The more experience you bring, the bigger and more complex the projects become. For example, you can also work on multidisciplinary projects that transcend your team, department or even the unit. Or leading projects in which we cooperate with other research institutions in a European consortium. In short: plenty of room for your growth as a project manager.Read more about Structural Reliability at TNO
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
You are a real fixer and motivator, who enjoys the challenge of getting complex projects on track and bringing them to a successful conclusion together with a team. You speak the language of the technical professionals, but also know how to convince in communication with clients. A presentation of research results, for example, is something we can safely leave to you. It is also helpful if you can quickly find your way around administrative systems so that you can properly monitor your projects. Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a project manager, preferably in a research environment or in the construction or infrastructure world.
- Affinity with civil engineering and architecture.
- You have an excellent command of the English language; speaking Dutch is an advantage.
- Preferably an IPMA certification. If you don't have one yet, you can follow the training with us.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3,700,- and € 5,800,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before August 29. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on September 7. The second interview round has been scheduled for September 13. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Lara Dimitrovski
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Hiring manager: Peter Rasker
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 61470