Projectmanager Radar Technologie | The Hague
Contribute to Defence and space projects. Envision it. Become a Radar Technology Project Manager at TNO in The Hague.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
The Radar Technology (RT) expertise group develops technology and concepts that are applied in (radar) systems for Defence and non-Defence applications. This is done both for subsystems, such as an antenna array, specific ICs (MMIC), RF front-ends, algorithms and signal processing, and for complete radar and RF sensor systems. In addition to radar applications, this technology finds its way into a multitude of other applications such as 6G communication, laser SatCom, quantum computing, and precision measuring equipment. The department works for industrial parties and for the government as part of both national and European projects. It also maintains a wide network consisting of universities and other research institutions. In the field of military radar – the mainstay of the department – there is very close cooperation with the Dutch armed forces and the national industrial sector.
What will be your role?
Within the projects, you direct your team to provide high-end answers to customers and strengthen the knowledge base of your department. Thanks to you, the members of the project team know exactly what is expected of them and are given the chance to develop themselves fully. You pay particular attention to the development of starters in your team. You also go in search of new ways to bring the knowledge your department is developing to market. For this, you collaborate with subject matter experts and business developers.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university master’s degree or PhD in a technical discipline, preferably physics, aerospace, electrical engineering, or business administration.
- You’re interested in technologies related to radar technology.
- You have at least three years of experience as a programme and project leader.
- A clear affinity with the Defence domain is an advantage.
- You have a good command of the English language and the willingness to spend short periods working at different locations in the Netherlands when needed.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- Possibility of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before January 23rd 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Jane Duinisveld
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-294 07566
Hiring manager: Michel Deconinck
Phone number: +31 (0)6-509 81098