What will you be doing?
As a Python developer you are a member of a new Scrum team. Within the preconditions set by the Product Owner. You obtain an overview of the functionality and architecture of a (sub) project and you perform the work required to properly complete such a (sub) project. Together with stakeholders, you describe the impact of changes in existing systems. You contribute to refinements and associated estimates for the implementation and the relevant documentation. As a developer you are part of the Scrum team and you actively participate in the Scrum activities.
What do we require of you?
• You have a completed bachelor or master degree in Computer Science or other beta education;
• You have at least 3-5 years of full-time experience with Python 3 development;
• You are familiar with designing applications: you unravel application functions in components, in classes when needed and in APIs;
• You are used to document everything that is relevant for future maintenance;
• You are an experienced CI / CD user: Github has no secrets for you;
• You have experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies and practices;
• You have a good command of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
In addition to these requirements, you possess following competences:
• You are a true team player which is reflected in being able to share knowledge through pair programming, whiteboards, and working under architecture;
• You are skilled in communication;
• You work accurately, pragmatically and result-oriented and you are a true finisher, driven and with enthusiasm for developing;
• You can handle confidential information well;
• You have a flexible mindset;
• You are proactive and would like to improve yourself and your solutions. You also investigate new possibilities;
• You understand the need to refactor and automate.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career. Visit this page to find out more about our flexible terms of employment.
You can apply till the 23th of November. The first round of interviews is scheduled on the 3rd of December. The second round of interviews is scheduled for the 9th of December. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and after a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Roy Tholen
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-261 36389
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Paul Wyers
Phone number: +31888662295