What will you be doing?
You will be working for the Quantum Technology department of TNO as a Quantum Device Engineer. The Quantum Technology department of TNO plays an active role in the development of a scalable Quantum Computer, a scalable Quantum Internet, and in the development of other applications in the field of quantum technology, such as Quantum Sensing and Quantum Simulation.
As Quantum Device Engineer, you will be working in a team of peers, and will contribute to the development of robust processes for manufacturing quantum devices. You will be working in projects, together with a team of engineers, scientists, and university employees (scientists, students and technicians). These projects will be typically very focused on, for example, the development of processes and techniques required to manufacture a specific qubit device for a given client. However, you will be encouraged to participate in several other projects at the same time.
What do we require of you?
- You have knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, nano-fabrication, characterization and measurement techniques. Specifically, knowledge of Aluminum Deposition processes is a plus.
- You are interested in the broad aspects of quantum systems (e.g. multi-qubit systems) and have an affinity for system engineering.
- You have prior cleanroom experience with developing nanofabrication processes either in:
- oan industrial R&D environment;
- oan academic environment.
- You have knowledge of quantum information research.
- Experience in developing robust processes for nano-fabrication of qubit devices (spin, diamond, transmon or majorana) is a plus.
- Experience in developing quantum devices from a conceptual design to a proven hardware is a plus.
- You are a team player and a good communicator.
- You have a good command of the English language, written & spoken (professional level).
In addition to the above-mentioned technical proficiencies, this role also requires the following skills: accurate and organized way of working, result driven and creative, able to evolve and thrive in a complex environment.
What can you expect of your work situation?
The Department of Quantum Technology employs engineers, system integrators and clean room experts with background in physics and quantum technology. We work in close collaboration with our customers and with the TUDelft (QuTech collaboration) in developing applications in the area of Quantum Technology.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till the 31st of December. The first round is planned for the 7th of January and the 13th of January. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and then an assessment. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Jérémy Veltin