What will be your role?
Are you looking for a challenging project, at the boundary between science and engineering? Are you interested in Quantum Technology? TNO is active on that front and is looking to expand its team of quantum systems engineers.
You will be working in the Quantum Technology department of TNO in projects we perform directly for clients or in close collaboration with the TUDelft in the QuTech research center for quantum computing and quantum internet. QuTech addresses scientific challenges as well as engineering issues in a joint center of know-how with industrial partners.
Our mission is to apply scientific knowledge and technology into higher TRL (Technology Readiness Level) applications, designing and building systems that leverage on quantum properties. Depending on the qubit technology and the applications, these systems could consist of optical setups (based on color centers) or electronic systems (e.g. computing stacks).
You will be working toward designing and prototyping these systems, bridging the gap between university research and commercial applications. You will use your Systems Engineering skills to perform project and system breakdown, estimating and scheduling engineering costs and planning. You will be considered at the main technical point of contact for the systems you develop but you will not be on your own. You will work with a team of content experts and will exchange with other Systems Engineer to share your experience and further develop your competencies, using the INCOSE systems engineering competencies as a framework.
Read and see more
about the TNO Unit Industry.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- Master degree in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering, with an emphasis on quantum research considered a plus.
- 3 to 6 years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Experience in the development of high tech systems.
Preferably, also experience in developing systems or conducting scientific research on one of the following type of quantum systems:
- Computing stacks based on any qubit technology.
- Quantum communication hardware development.
In addition to the above mentioned technical proficiency, this role requests for the following skills; responsible, accurate and organized way of working, result-driven, enthusiastic, flexible in your way of thinking, good interpersonal skills and able to work productively in a team.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3,700,00 and € 5,800,00 (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike [OPTIONAL] or a leased car.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before 15 August 2021. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 34/35. The second interview round has been scheduled for week 35/36. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Jérémy Veltin
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: +31 (0)6-317 57083