Quantum Systems Engineer | Delft
Contributing to tomorrow’s world. Envision it. Become a Quantum Systems Engineer at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Are you looking for a challenging project, at the boundary between science and engineering? Are you interested in Quantum Technology? TNO is active on that front and is looking to expand its team of quantum engineers.
What will be your role?
Our mission is to apply scientific knowledge and technology into higher TRL (Technology Readiness Level) applications, designing and building systems that leverage on quantum properties. Depending on the qubit technology and the applications, these systems could consist of optical setups (for example based on color centers) or electronic systems (e.g. computing stacks).
You will be working toward designing and prototyping these systems, bridging the gap between university research and commercial applications. You will use your Systems Engineering skills to perform project and system breakdown, estimating and scheduling engineering costs and planning. You will be considered at the main technical point of contact for the systems you develop but you will not be on your own. You will work with a team of content experts and will exchange with other Systems Engineer to share your experience and further develop your competencies, using the INCOSE systems engineering competencies as a framework.
More information about the researchgroup Quantum Technology.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Experience in the development of high tech systems
- Preferably, also experience in developing systems or conducting scientific research on one of the following type of quantum systems:
- Quantum communication hardware development
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering, with an emphasis on quantum research considered a plus.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before August 15, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015
Hiring manager: Jérémy Veltin
Phone number: +31 (0)6-317 57083