Researcher Chemical Sensing | Eindhoven
Contribute to tomorrow's world. Envision it. Become a Researcher Chemical Sensing at TNO in Eindhoven.
Education typehigher professional education (hbo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Currently there is an opening for a Researcher Chemical Sensing. The working location will be on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
What will be your role?
In addition, new infrared chemical sensors (for both gas and airborne particles) based on the interaction of infrared radiation with gasses and particles are under development, in which you will integrate the coating based systems with optical hardware. You have a background in chemical processing, preferably in the formulation and application of coatings and thin films, and affinity with hardware development. For the testing of the manufactured sensing devices, you will be using electrical and optical characterization techniques, including capacitive and FTIR spectroscopy.
Typical work activities are:
- Formulation of functional coatings e.g. for sensor applications;
- Application of these functional coatings on complex surfaces (e.g. fibers and electronics);
- Building and adapting test and characterization equipment;
- Testing and validation of the optical and/or electronic performance of functional coatings;
- Characterization of the effect of the sensors, including spectroscopy (FTIR, UV/VIS, fluorescent or dielectric);
- Reporting of research results in form of presentations or written project reports.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
You are a good communicator and able to express your thoughts and findings in a clear concise manner, both orally and written.
What can you expect from your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organization whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organizations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. The research group Materials Solutions is located at The High Tech Campus in Eindhoven and the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, has strong connections to academic research groups, and robust partnerships with a broad range of (international) companies. The group has a strong and long-standing track record in the development of (multi-) functional polymer materials, polymer composites, nanoparticles and wet-chemical coatings. The scientific competences that form the foundation of the group are polymer science, colloid science, interface science, wet-chemical coatings, materials modelling and heterogeneous catalysis.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before 30 January 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 6. The second interview round has been scheduled in week 7. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Brahim Dagdaoui
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-111 60129
Hiring manager: Jan Pieter Maurice
Phone number: 08886 65764