Researcher Interaction technology | Soesterberg
Contribute to a better society by developing and evaluating innovative interactions between humans and technology Do you envision? Become a researcher Interaction Technology at TNO in Soesterberg.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Would you like to contribute to a better society by developing and evaluating innovative interactions between humans and technology? Please join us! Together we will explore new implementations in complex high-tech environments.
What will be your role?
We work mainly in the domain of defense and security, and also in the civil maritime domain and for vital infrastructure managers such as ProRail. What these organizations have in common is that their environment and range of tasks are subject to rapid change due to technological and social developments. From an integrated approach, in which the performance of people is central, we advise these organizations on design, collaboration, staffing, processes, ergonomics and automation. We make extensive use of virtual/augmented/mixed reality technology, on the one hand to present and evaluate our concepts, and on the other hand to investigate how this technology can be effectively deployed in (future) operational environments. Artificial intelligence also plays a big role in our research: how can autonomous systems work seamlessly with human teams in the future?
You contribute to the development and evaluation of new collaboration concepts in the field of human-machine teaming. Furthermore, you will work on experiments and workshops in our Immersive Collaboration Lab, explore new technologies and help implement applications, for example in Unity3D. During this development process you closely monitor the outcomes and make sure they are in line with the interests of the stakeholders.
Solutions that you and your team members (from a variety of disciplines) develop are never ‘basic’ or standard off-the-shelf. Often, you contribute to the birth of completely new interation technologies. Exciting isn’t it? In addition: Are you interested in project management? Or consultancy? Or some hands-on software development whenever you feel like it? We encourage you to co-define your TNO career!
Read more about research on human machine teaming.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- Expertise on Interaction technology, Human machine interaction design.
- Relevant (technical) MSc degree.
- Excellent programming skills.
- You are an expert in XR technology (or have the ambition to become one).
- Interest in human-technology interaction and human factors.
- You have a curious and entrepreneurial mindset.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 15th of June. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The first interviewing round is scheduled on June 21th, the second one on June 28th 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Frank Bax
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 113 20080
Hiring manager: Chris JansenNote that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.