Would you like to be one of the pioneers to build and expand a new R&D center in the field of chip integration, engaging with leading industries in automotive, healthcare technology and other high-tech sectors?Then you are welcome at CITC in Nijmegen
What will you be doing?
We are currently looking for a researcher to strengthen the team and join our pioneers. You will be working at the interface of materials science, process technology, microelectronics and packaging in a multidisciplinary research environment, together with industry.
- Develop innovative die attach solutions for a next generation high power electronics;
- Interact with internal as well as external stakeholders;
- Provide support to and collaborate with international projects;
What do we require of you?
- You have a PhD degree (or equivalent work experience in a research environment) in experimental physics or materials science;
- Excellent knowledge of assembly materials (die attach, passivation and encapsulation);
- Proven creativity through a strong list of publications, patent applications and/or other tangible output;
- Affinity for combining practical work with theory to support obtained results;
- A pro-active and hands-on mentality, taking responsibility and organizing work in an efficient manner;
- A team player;
- Self-organizing and take initiative;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till the 25th of June. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and then an assessment. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Marcel Ernes
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-153 51517
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Ton Mol, van
Phone number: +31(0)4040 20509