Scientist Powertrains Electrification | Helmond
Contributing to zero impact powertrains for tomorrow's mobility. Envision it. Become a scientist at TNO in Helmond.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
At TNO, the Powertrains research group comes together for a purpose. As a team, we aim to contribute to a sustainable future for our children and welfare of nature through the (support of) development of environmental responsible propulsion systems for mobility. For this to happen we want to make a difference to accelerate the transformation in clean propulsion systems. Society needs zero impact powertrains tomorrow, we create them today. That is what we strive for, every day. The Powertrains research group has extensive knowledge in vehicle electrification technology, is at the forefront of the development of the Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine and makes acceleration possible for the use of Fuel cells and the use of alternative fuels. The group has its own state-of the art development and testing facilities. where we can measure complete powertrain systems for real world emissions and fuel efficiency and conduct extensive engine testing. We can perform measurements on an entire vehicle (up to truck size) in our unique altitude climate chamber, and perform on-road measurements, as well as battery testing. As a scientist at our Powertrains Group, you will contribute to research into and implementation of the latest battery technology. Working in B2B and funded projects within a national and international context. Would you like to leave your mark on the development of vehicle electrification technology? Envision it and join us!
What will be your role?
Your home base is the Powertrains Group. It’s where you’ll find state-of-the-art research facilities, including automated test benches for battery packs and our unique climatic altitude chamber. Like you, your colleagues are driven to develop innovative yet pragmatic solutions to decarbonize road and waterborne transport. At TNO in Helmond we offer you a friendly, open and highly professional atmosphere. Ours is also a supportive environment, where we stimulate knowledge sharing and welcome your ideas!
Learn more about powertrain research
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or another relevant field.
- Expertise in (heavy-duty) powertrains and knowledge of hybrid drivetrains and electric components.
- Experience of physics-based battery modelling and preferably of integrated control algorithms for batteries.
- Experience of MATLAB/Simulink. If you haven’t yet gained experience of simulation tools typically used in the automotive industry, or of embedded software development, you are eager to learn.
- Excellent command of English, as you will be working in international teams.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and excellent facilities for working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before 31 January. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 6. The second interview round has been scheduled in week 7. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Brahim Dagdaoui
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-111 60129
Hiring manager: Oscar Zoeteweij
Phone number: +31(0)6-251 57607