Scientist PV systems
Contributing to the technological development of solar panels. Envision it. Become a modelling engineer at TNO in Petten.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
As a PV systems modeling engineer you work on optimizing PV applications. In addition to yield, we also optimise other relevant added values such as biodiversity in the subsoil and irradiation.
What will be your role?
You work in the Solar Energy department. We develop materials, processes and applications to enhance the impact of solar energy. Examples include the integration of solar panels in buildings, infrastructure and vehicles, new types of solar cells and panels, coloured PV panels that blend in with the landscape, and combining solar meadows with agriculture. External clients comprise partners in research consortia or commercial parties whereas internal research questions are formulated from the Solar Energy Roadmap.
Read more about Solar Energy.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
In addition, we expect you to possess the following competences and experience:
- MSc in the field of electrical engineering, physics or mathematics.
- A track record of more than five years in developing and publishing about computer models.
- Experience with contributing to acquisition proposals and planning within a project and project-based environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- Knowledge of photovoltaics and/or photovoltaic processes is an asset.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- Possibility of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Lara Dimitrovski
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Hiring manager: Henny Welleman
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 62969