Scientist Work Force Development | Soesterberg
Initiating new methods and innovations with respect to selection, development and retention of personnel who are committed to our safety and security.Do you envision? Become Scientist Work Force Development TNO in Soesterberg.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekParttime - 32
Initiating new methods and innovations with respect to selection, development and retention of personnel who are committed to our safety and security. Envision it. Become a Scientist Work Force Development at TNO.
What will be your role?
Your daily activities will comprise of performing literature research, interviewing clients and stakeholders, developing scientific models (people analytics), designing and carrying out scientific experiments, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and scientific reporting. In addition, you will keep up with relevant scientific developments and initiate activities to explore these together with colleagues.
Human Behaviour is one of three teams in the Human Behaviour & Training research group. In HBT we have unique expertise pertaining to human behaviour in socio-technical context: innovation in the realm of information sharing, measuring and enhancing cooperation of individuals and teams, behavioural influence and education and training. The research group HBT consists of approximately 50 experts in the field of educational sciences, psychology, data science, AI and (design) engineering.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
You strive for solutions that really work in practice, while holding the scientific basis in high regard. You thrive in teams and you communicate effectively with colleagues and clients. Turning customer questions and complex goals into concrete solutions comes natural to you.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
1. A master's degree, a PhD or work experience in a relevant field psychology or educational sciences
2. Skills pertaining to carrying out scientific research (literature research, experiment design, data analysis and reporting) and especially quantitative and qualitative analysis
3. Willingness to really dive into the world of Defence, Policy and other security professionals
4. The drive and potential to develop (further) in one of the following roles: specialist, integrator, project leader, or consultant.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 15th of June. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Heleen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-515 34922
Hiring manager: Arend Woering
Phone number: +31 (0)6-224 77845