Senior Business Developer in Built Environment
“The great thing about working at TNO is that you act in long-term, complex and high-profile projects, together with clients, both big and small, often facing major political challenges. Stamina and ambition are indispensable in this field!"
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Your goal is to bring in research assignments or to sign up organisations to existing research projects. Thanks to you, future customers see the importance of innovation and are willing to invest in it. This allows us to make the technologies we invent market-ready.
You maintain relationships with existing clients, but also seek out new opportunities to increase our sales area and network. You know exactly what challenges the industry is facing and where the solutions lie, because you work closely together with the scientists in your team, attend conferences on a regular basis and build communities of policymakers, operational staff and scientists. You know how to translate customers' needs into relevant expertise within TNO and are in the lead from initiation to completion of the transaction, including contract negotiations.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
You can understand (complex) technical issues in a relatively short space of time and bring together the right people at TNO to (help) come up with a solution. Your primary focus is on the customer and the market without losing touch with the internal organisation. You can empathise with clients easily and know how to communicate that to the TNO organisation.
What else can you offer?
- You preferably have a degree in Energy Engineering, Construction Physics or a comparable subject, along with commercial and business knowledge gained through education and/or experience.
- You have at least 5 years’ relevant work experience.
- You enjoy inspiring colleagues at a junior or middle management level.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a leased car.
- Prospect of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before January 24, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on February 3. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Lara Dimitrovski
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Hiring manager: Peter Rasker
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 61470