Contribute to boost the well-being of society by ensuring safe, efficient, accessible and sustainable traffic and transport solutions? Envision it?
What will be your role?
In this role, you will be responsible for a significant part of our national and international business portfolio and order intake, with client projects and programs that contribute structurally to the roadmap Smart Traffic & Transport. You will bear responsibility for strategic business and partnership development. You will (co-)develop innovative propositions and position them with strategic stakeholders, accelerating our roadmap for smart vehicles. In day-to-day operations, you will team up with program and project managers and experts from the research department Integrated Vehicle Safety, such as consultants and scientists in the fields of connected, cooperative and automated vehicles, safety assessment and monitoring. You will report directly to the Market Director.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A university (master) degree in a technical field;
- A proven track record (> 10 years of experience) in a commercial (management) role for strategic business and partnership development.;
- Ability to engage with partners and clients at senior decision making level on business propositions as well as strategic cooperation;
- Ability and proven experience to coordinate and execute multiple business opportunities at the same time, with focus on actual deal closing with new and existing partners;
- Strong affinity with (urban) mobility systems and technologies, preferably also with policy making and policy supporting research;
- Strong affinity with (development, validation, verification and assessment) of cooperative and automated driving technologies, including sensor fusion for world modeling and localization, motion planning, decision making and vehicle control.
- Awareness on safety architectures design and standards for autonomous systems (example ISO 26262, ISO/PAS 21448). Preferably knowledge on development challenges in automatic testing and validation methodologies, human factors in automated driving, real-time performance and safety of AI-enabled systems.
- Proven and highly developed ability to operate both independently as within a team;
- Fluent in both English and Dutch language;
- Willingness to travel.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 5.000,- and € 6.500,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
Read more about tailoring your benefits package
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
TNO as an employer
The mission of the Unit Traffic and Transport (T&T) is to boost the well-being of society by ensuring safe, efficient, accessible and sustainable traffic and transport solutions. We do this by supporting the competitive strength of businesses and advanced policy programming for governments with our innovations. Within the unit T&T, the smart vehicles program focuses on the realization of smart mobility. The main goal of the Smart Vehicles program is to develop safe and effective (connected) automated driving (CAD) technologies and assessment methodologies to maximise effects on safety, throughput, comfort and to improve the Dutch Mobility and Logistics ecosystem.
The Business developer we look for will focus on the market for both technology development and assessment methodologies. This includes the definition and selling of propositions related to our CAD and safety assessment knowledge base as well as creating public-private partnerships on the safe introduction of CAD solution in the Dutch mobility system.
Our work is dynamic, international and has a high social relevance and impact. This makes our work exciting and challenging. Our team consists of the best scientist and consultants in the field of smart mobility and smart cities. They are more than happy to take you on board and to help you acquire our next challenges.Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
You can apply till the 7th of July, 2021. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and then a presentation. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Heleen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-515 34922
Hiring manager: Martijn Stamm
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: 08886 64065