What will be your role?
Solar energy is pivotal in the energy transition and will be so even more in the future. An enormously growing market with a lot of challenges for innovation. Key words: societal acceptance, use of scarce area, need for cost breakthroughs, need for integrated products.
The cost of solar pv has decreased substantially over the last decades, making solar pv competitive with fossil options. A further cost reduction is possible and also needed. Deployment related barriers, such as visual and electrical integration, safety and circularity, resulting from the rapid market uptake are becoming increasingly relevant. This requires new concepts based on the vision that every surface will generate renewable electricity.
With and for our partners (industry, governmental, universities), you develop proposals in a business-to-business context as well as in public private partnerships with the aim to facilitate the energy transition and strengthen the position of Dutch industry.
You work as a member of an energetic and dedicated team of 8 people.
You build a close cooperation with the experts groups in Petten and Eindhoven.
Read more about the roadmap Solar Energy
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
You are able to build up and maintain a relevant network in the solar industry and materialize the interests of current and potential clients into business opportunities.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- University degree in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated affinity with business development, marketing or sales
- Good knowledge of solar energy technology and/or systems, or the ability to quickly extend your knowledge from a related technology field
- A relevant network in the solar energy domain is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Dutch as well as English is a must
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3800,- and € 5500,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Leased car.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before 12 October 2021. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on 20 October 2021. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015
Hiring manager: Harm Jeeninga
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 62137