What will be your role?
Innovating the energy and material transition of the chemical industry as a business developer by bringing parties together in the value chain.
You will be responsible for business development for the programs Biorizon and Voltachem in the chemical sector, working closely together with colleague Business Developers, the program managers and scientists to enhance the growth of Biorizon and VoltaChem.
- Identify, develop and convert opportunities with (new) clients in the chemical value chain.
- Manage the business development trajectory from initiation towards realization of the transaction.
- Define the commercial strategy and most suitable proposition for the market and customers.
- Communication regarding the activities of Biorizon and Voltachem and TNO through website, fairs, presentations, social media etc.
- Build up and maintain a professional network in the biobased, equipment and chemical industry value chain.
Biorizon is a Joint Innovation Center between TNO and Vito with the ambition to enable the industry in making bioaromatics on a commercial scale by 2025. Focus will be the development of projects based on our Diels Alder platform and production routes towards furfural. VoltaChem is a Joint Innovation program with the ambition to enable the industry to electrify their processes using renewable energy and to provide electrical energy storage solutions in fuels and feedstock. The direct and indirect electrochemical conversion of (biobased) feedstock and carbon dioxide towards intermediate products in the plastics, fertilizer and fuels value chains play a central role in the part of the program that you will be responsible for. Focus will be on growing our international customer base within the ARRRA cluster and on developing projects in relation to the regional fieldlab Industrial Electrification in Rotterdam. The working location is predominantly in Delft.
You will be part of the TNO team Sustainable Chemical Industry within the Unit Industry. This team consist of 7 other business developers and about 20 scientists and engineers. These technical colleagues can you support you in your consultative selling; taking along the specialists. You will report to the Director Market & Operations Sustainable Chemical Industry.Read more about our focus area.
Read and see more
about the TNO Unit Industry.
TNO connects people with technology to create and realize innovations. With over 3300 professionals, we strive to improve the competitive position of companies while being a benefit to our society.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A university degree in a technical field, supplemented by commercial experience;
- A proven track record and minimal five years of working experience in a commercial role in a technical environment;
- A relevant network in the chemical value chain and good understanding of the strategic needs towards the material and energy transition;
- Strong affinity with the topic biobased chemistry, electrification and electrochemistry;
- Ability and experience to handle the full business development trajectory, from gathering initial market insight, developing propositions to actual deal closing with new partners;
- International experience and mindset, including willingness to travel;
- Result and customer driven;
- Proficiate in English.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 5,600 and € 7,200 (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike or a leased car.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home and being facilitated in that.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world.Read more about TNO as an employer.
The selection process
Please apply before August 16, 2021. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 34/35. The second interview round has been scheduled for week 35/36. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Peter Wolfs
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: 08886 65645