Senior Project Manager Structural Dynamics | Delft
Contributing to the safe deployability of new or existing structures. Envision it. Become a Senior Project Manager at Structural Dynamics at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
You’ll lead several complex research projects and consultancy assignments of the Structural Dynamics department. All projects relate to the reliable and safe deployability of new or existing structures. The emphasis of your project portfolio will be on the construction and infrastructure domain. The topics at play within this context are wide-ranging. Examples include predicting and assessing the dynamic behaviour of a building under wind load, developing a new model for soil vibrations caused by passing trains, or gaining deeper insight into the effects of subsidence on the built environment. As a project manager, you’ll manage project teams made up of experts with different fields of expertise. You yourself will be more involved from the sidelines. Your task will be to steer every project in the right direction and to encourage and support your team.
What will be your role?
On average, project managers at Structural Dynamics run between four and eight projects or programmes at a time. This entails a great deal of variety! As a seasoned project manager, you’ll deal with the larger and more complex projects. For example, you’ll work on multidisciplinary projects that transcend your team, department, or even unit. prestigious projects in which we collaborate with other research institutions in a European consortium. In short, there will be plenty of room for you to grow as a project manager.
You’ll be working at TNO’s Structural Dynamics department. Here you will become part of a diverse, international group of around fifty colleagues. The atmosphere in the department is relaxed and approachable.
Structural Dynamics is mainly involved in projects within the fields of construction and infrastructure, maritime and offshore, and defence (mainly ship vulnerability). Through our research, knowledge development, and advice, we contribute to innovative solutions that, to give an example, extend the lifespan of structures (such as buildings, bridges, and (navy) ships) and improve their safety. The projects you’ll work on are decided in consultation with you. Work at Structural Dynamics is varied, innovative, and impactful.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A university master's degree in civil engineering, (mechanical) engineering, (building) physics or similar (preferably with a specialisation in mechanics).
- At least ten years of relevant work experience, of which at least five years as a project manager in a research environment.
- You have experience managing projects in public-private partnerships.
- You preferably have experience executing research projects within the construction and engineering sector.
- You have a good command of both Dutch and English, verbally and in writing.
- You preferably have an IPMA certification. (This certification can be obtained at TNO.)
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Frank Bax
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 113 20080
Hiring manager: Tom Basten
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 66489