Senior Projectmanager Enhancing Construction Sustainability
Contributing to the world of tomorrow. Envision it. Become a Projectmanager at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
It will be your job to coordinate and steer complex research and innovation projects arising from the BTIC in the right direction. You will often be already closely involved in the preparation (for example, by setting up collaborations with clients and/or other research organisations and applying for (grant) budgets). You will continuously have to switch between different projects, safeguard objectives, and manage the expectations and interests of the parties involved. You always think one step ahead and keep a close eye on planning and financial agreements. You will also organise meetings - e.g. with the technical experts of TNO and cooperation partners (housing corporations, manufacturers) - to discuss the progress of projects. Whenever you notice a project is going in a different direction than planned or that friction is building up, you engage with the different parties to solve issues. You will also have a coaching role, helping parties to achieve their goals. You will also take on this role internally. You are especially aware of the guidance and development needs of our juniors.
In addition, as a senior project manager, you will also have a leading role in the development of the department’s strategy and vision. Whether concerning heat recovery from shower water or the development of a new type of heat pump, as a senior project manager, you’re always looking for opportunities to roll out (pilot) projects further (for example, by listing financing options or brainstorming with colleagues concerning acquisition trajectories to bring in continuation projects). And you are actively involved in coming up with opportunities of bringing projects to market. Through your role, you’ll therefore be making a strong contribution to the energy transition in the built environment.
Read more about sustainable innovations in the built environment at TNO
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A master's degree or PhD, preferably in physics, (mechanical) engineering, building physics, technical business administration, innovation management, industrial design, or mathematics.
- At least ten years of experience as project leader of multi-stakeholder R&D projects.
- Experience leading innovation projects in the construction and engineering sectors.
- Experience with subsidy programmes, such as the TKI allowance scheme and/or Horizon 2020.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in Dutch and English.
- Preferably, an IPMA-C certification or the equivalent.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- Possibility of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before January 31, 2022. The selection process comprises three interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Lara Dimitrovski
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Hiring manager: Nancy Westerlaken
Phone number: 08886 63422