Senior Scientist Directed Energy Systems | The Hague
Contributing to the safe world of tomorrow. Do you envision? Become a Senior Scientist Directed Energy Systems at TNO in The Hague
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
You will be analysing a new generation of weapon systems within the Weapon Systems department. Using modern test set-ups and simulations together with colleagues, you’ll create new knowledge and technology, and provide answers to the new generation of threats.
What will be your role?
Because only a limited number of partial features of weapon systems can be tested experimentally in practice, we conduct our system analyses mainly using models and simulations. We’re looking for an expert in directed energy systems, to ensure that our models keep up with the latest developments. You’ll be using your knowledge to continue improving our models, enabling us to provide the best possible advice on weapon systems deployment and, in particular, how to defend against them.
By doing so, you’ll contribute directly to the security of the Netherlands and the world.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
We’re convinced that success lies not only in your technical know-how, but also in your drive and your competences. We’re energised by passionate, inquisitive, and enthusiastic go-getters who dare to take responsibility for results and their own development. Our new colleague will reflect independently and dare to ask questions. We’re also looking for people who are friendly and approachable, enjoy working in a team, and can connect with our clients.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- international experience is an advantage
- MATLAB and/or Phython skills
- experimental experience is an advantage.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before July 2. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Heleen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-515 34922
Hiring manager: Yntze Meijer
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 63921