What will be your role?
You play a strong role in driving the direction and strategic technical priorities for TNO Structural Dynamics in its leading role in the Maritime & Offshore domain. Having a strong understanding of emerging technologies and market driven questions, you are a key contact for clients and partners, acting as the technical sparring partner. With a strong network and standing in the (inter)national scientific arena, you are engaged in developing new research projects and programs that bolster competitiveness and a sustainable development for Dutch and European industry and governments. In supporting the acquisition of new research projects and programs you link the latest technological developments to the challenges faced by the (international) maritime and offshore sector, such as safe structures for storage and transport of liquid hydrogen and reliable and cost effective offshore wind structures.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
You have an entrepreneurial approach and the ability to connect people and knowledge in order to innovate with impact, based on your structural Dynamics expertise. Strong communication and leadership skills combined with a results-oriented mentality enables you to inspire companies, public-sector bodies and other organizations for engaging new initiatives.In addition, you have:
- a solid theoretical basis and practical insight into the dynamic behaviour of structures;
- a Masters or Postgraduate Doctoral degree in maritime engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering, specializing in mechanics;
- the ability to translate challenges from the outside world into inspiring research questions;
- at least seven years of experience in mentioned international working environment;
- the ability to motivate, persuade and unify parties using his/her network of relevant contacts in the maritime and offshore spheres, as well as a multi-disciplinary team;
- experience in international collaboration through large Research and Innovation programs;
- a good command of English (spoken and written). Dutch would be considered an asset.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work. And full of opportunities because at TNO you are, by and large, the master of your own career. At TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ of terms of employment that suits your personal situation. What you can expect:
- Prospect of a permanent contract.
- An utmost professional, inspiring work environment, with high-calibre experts as colleagues.
- 28 days of holiday and 5 ATV days (additional days of paid leave) (with full-time employment).
- Travel allowance or a bicycle.A good pension scheme.
- Flexible working times and the option of working from home.
- The opportunity to do courses, training programmes and workshops, and attend conferences.
- Coaching, if required.
TNO as an employer
The Structural Dynamics department focuses on the design, analysis and testing of the widest array of dynamically loaded mechanical structures on land and water. In that regard, the focus is on the dynamic behaviour of structures. The fact that we have a well-equipped experimental facility at our disposal means that practical and theoretical knowledge go hand in hand and enables us to develop, test and validate the most complex problems.We are a varied team of appr. 50 professionals working on solutions for a variety of markets: maritime, offshore, infrastructure, built environment and defense. Moreover, we use first-class knowledge of mechanics and dynamics for both theoretical and experimental research on materials, structures and systems. The behaviour of materials and structures in terms of structural integrity and failure plays an essential role in our projects.
The selection process
The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Lara Dimitrovski
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Hiring manager: Tom Basten
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 66489