What will be your role?
You will have the unique opportunity to make an impact where business meets system design. Over time many high-tech companies have evolved their equipment into ever more complex systems. So, what you have to do is: learn to understand what drives the business, and how to translate these insights into evolvable system architectures which are able to deal with the ever-more demanding market evolution. This will make it easier for large industrial players in the future to develop structured state-of-the-art systems.
As a consultant operating from industry labs at high-tech giants, you bridge the gap between business needs and system innovation. Your share insights that you gain during your research with industrial partners and science. As a senior person in a project team, you have a leading role in the technical course of the project and determine the overall direction together with the project manager. We look forward to hearing your ideas.
The research projects you can contribute to from ESI (TNO) are numerous. For example, your colleagues helped Thermo Fisher Scientific with a reference architecture to manage the technical trade-offs in component evolution and supporting the diversity demanded from the product portfolio. They also demonstrated an effective approach for software interface modelling
and automatic test case generation with ComMA
in cooperation with several of our partners. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. So, plenty of options!Read more about ESI (TNO)
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You are a goal-oriented and self-driven professional energized by delivering high quality results.
- You easily interact with senior management levels and can create and convey a convincing message.
- You love to come up with creative ideas for each system challenge. Like us you believe that working at a higher level of abstraction brings benefits to the whole creation process serving complex systems designs. However, if necessary, you are still able to demonstrate a hands-on mentality and work out a detailed design to a concrete solution or coach a junior in doing so.
- You have a curious and investigative attitude. Keen on asking questions and incorporating feedback.
- You are used to situations where you need to drive for results without having the formal authority. You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team in an industrial environment, in which you are a knowledgeable sparring partner for your fellow scientists, industrial, and academic partners.
What else can you offer?
- A university degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field.
- 10+ years of experience as system architect in an industrial domain.
- An affinity with application design and architecture, knowing how systems, hardware and software are engineered and evolve over time.
- Excellent knowledge of system modelling techniques such as SysML, a model-driven mindset is a pre.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities at senior management level.
- A few years of experience in a management role preferably with a business responsibility.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 4.847,- and € 6.478,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). You will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before the 16th of October. The selection process comprises three interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Yvonne Pribnow
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-11097594
Hiring manager: Wouter Leibbrandt
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 65560