Software Engineer | Delft
Contributing to the future technology of industry. Envision it. Become a software engineer at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
As a software engineer you are responsible for a very central component in many of the technologies that we develop. An example is advanced prototypes for laser satellite communication; in close collaboration with industry we develop the data highway for the future. Another example is quantum computing, one of the selected technologies of the ‘Nationaal Groeifonds’ for ensuring economic growth of the Netherlands on the long term. But, these are only examples, we have plenty of other exciting fields that we participate in!
What will be your role?
You will work independently in one or more projects as a software expert collaborating with other disciplines like control, electronics, optics, mechanics, etc. The software can be categorized as “software for hardware”. Your initial projects will be in the field of laser satellite communication.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university degree in one of the technical sciences.
- At least 5 years of full-time experience with software development for high tech systems, including: requirements specification, architecture and implementation, integration and test.
- Fluency in Python, C, C++ and object-oriented programming. You have used these to implement multi-threaded programs, programs with hard real-time constraints, and GUIs.
- Hands on experience with computer hardware, operating systems and standard laboratory equipment (experience with embedded platforms that combine processor cores with FPGA is considered a big plus).
- Ability to quickly become knowledgeable both on specialistic topics for software, and on project domain expertise.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before 31 January 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in weeks 6 and 7. The second interview round has been scheduled for weeks 8 and 9. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Monique Oldenburg
Phone number: +31 (0)88 8661310