Internship | Silicone-Based Strain Sensors
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Holst Centre is an Open Innovation research center founded in 2005 by TNO and IMEC. It is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Holst Centre develops applications in flexible electronics together with industry. The application of printed and flexible electronics is necessary for the advancement of soft robotics.
What will be your role?
This student project will be an internship and/or master thesis with a duration of at least 6 months.
The goal of the project will be to:
- Develop a process to realize a strain sensor based on elastomer composites.
- Optimize and characterize strain sensors and establish structure-property relationships.
- Fabricate the developed strain sensor and demonstrate its utility in an application.
- Support with the integration of Holst Centre’s other technologies.
As a team member your tasks will be:
- Knowledge acquisition through literature survey, discussion with other team members, and internal seminars/colloquiums.
- Fabrication of sensors in clean-rooms and chemical laboratories.
- Performing electrical and material characterization.
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data.
- Documentation of results in a technical report or scientific publication.
- Presentation of results in internal seminars/colloquiums.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- Master student from materials science, electrical engineering, nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, or related with both theoretical and experimental skills.
- You have good communication skills in English.
- Independent but also a team player.nal seminars/colloquiums.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Contact: Peter Zalar
Phone number: +31 (0)40-40 20513