"A picture is worth a thousand words": With huge amounts of data being generated in a large scale data processing pipeline, the task of making sense of these becomes difficult. The solution: Cool dashboards with data driven visualisations!
What will you be doing?
In this project, you will be developing dashboards and visualisations to monitor data at various stages of complex data pipelines. You have to:
- Familiarise yourself with the various components and data models used in the project.
- Collect requirements from the dashboard users.
- Research and determine the suitable technology from available, open source software options.
- Design a visualisation framework and motivate your choices.
- Implement the dashboards and test against sample data.
- Integrate the framework with the existing platform and APIs following a suitable software development lifecycle.
- Present your work internally and prepare a software documentation for TNO, encapsulating the various aspects of your work.
What do we require of you?
We are looking for someone who:
- Is pursuing at least a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Has good programming skills.
- Has some experience with data visualisation.
- Has good communication skills to interact with team members across technical and non-technical domains.
- Is passionate about learning new technologies and can work independently.
What can you expect of your work situation?
At Monitoring & Control Services (MCS), we deal with information technology challenges involved in:
- Automatic acquisition, storage and retrieval of large volumes of data across organizations.
- The continuous processing of large distributed sets of data into information using adaptive (machine-learning) algorithms from multiple parties involved in Big Data analysis.
- Predictive analytics and large scale simulation of complex model chains for decision support in different phases (from planning/design to maintenance) of the innovation cycle.
- Humans interacting with the processing of data into information within complex systems.
By developing future-proof, adaptable and scalable IT solutions, we cooperate with government bodies, enterprises, service providers and non-governmental organisations in three focus domains - Industry & Infrastructure, Sustainable Energy, and Defence to create a more efficient, greener and safer tomorrow.
We are a fun and very social group of applied researchers, consultants in IT systems and processes, as well as a number of System Integration experts, located in Groningen and the Hague.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; a work placement gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Arun Subramanian
Phone number: +31 (0)6-469 66196