System Engineer Ultra Clean Vacuum Equipment | Delft
Contributing to innovations for the world's leading semiconductor manufacturers. Envision it. Become a (Systems) Engineer ultra clean vacuum equipment at TNO in Delft.
Education typehigher professional education (hbo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Read and see more about the TNO unit Industry: Unit Industry | TNO and Behind the scenes at TNO Unit Industry - YouTube.
About the specific group: Nano Instrumentation for Ultra-Clean Lithography | TNO .
You will do the (systems) engineering of experimental hardware projects, leading to new experimental setups. After construction, these setups will be used to research questions such as: what is the behaviour of specific materials when exposed to plasma? This means engaging with colleagues and industry customers, translating their needs into engineering concepts, and delivering the best possible results. Working on multiple projects simultaneously, you will work together with and also need to keep overview of the work of small teams of scientists and experimentalists. All projects will have a project manager, but they will rely on you to manage the project’s progress on SE content. As your experience grows, so will the complexity of the projects. And your focus will shift from single systems engineering challenges to multi-facetted design challenges.
Your home base is TNO’s Nano Instrumentation expertise group. Coming from all over the world, your 50+ colleagues share a drive to develop innovative solutions based on semiconductor and plasma technology. You’ll find a supportive, caring environment and an open, friendly and highly professional atmosphere. We stimulate sharing ideas and welcome yours! And your buddy will help you with any questions or challenges you may have.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- An Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry.
- Experience of, or a keen interest in, semiconductor and plasma technology. And an eagerness to learn all there is to know.
- Experience (> 3yrs) of systems engineering in the high-tech domain.
- Excellent command of English, as you will be working in international teams.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- Prospect of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before the 4th of July, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in weeks 29 and 30. The second interview round has been scheduled for weeks 31 and 32. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Frank Driessen
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 64121