What will you be doing?
As a technical consultant flow control you will work on projects in the field of flow-related production optimization and flow-related network optimization. Your work will contain both flow control based on physical modelling and machine learning. For dynamic processes you will do (big) data analysis and realize prototype software routines used by clients for monitoring, control and optimization. You will have close contact with clients to improve reliability and efficiency of their production systems or networks. Your work will strongly link to the ambition of TNO to contribute to the energy transition.This is the link
for more information about the department Heat Transfer & Fluid Dynamics and our projects.
What do we require of you?
In this role it is important that you are capable to tackle complex flow problems and understand the interest of your client. The projects you work on contain multiple disciplines that require a broad knowledge base and good communication and collaboration skills with other experts around you. You identify yourself as a team player and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams.
In your role as a technical consultant you can identify yourself in the following profile:
- You have at least a Master (MSc) degree in preferably: Applied physics, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering and Energy technology. Specialization on control engineering is a strong advantage.
- During your study you have gained experience with machine learning, data analysis and physical modelling.
- Experience with software algorithm development in Matlab and/or Python is required.
- You enjoy and have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems in which you are capable to problem-solve on own initiative and together in a team. You have attention for details.
What can you expect of your work situation?
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932 we have been developing knowledge and technologies in the general interest. We find common ground in fascination and resourcefulness, and are driven to push boundaries. There is ample room for your talent and ambition. You will be working with people who are a match for you, who inspire you, and who want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to turn your vision into reality. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes a difference. Because with each innovation, you contribute to the life of the future.Read more about TNO as an employer
The research group is internationally orientated in both projects as well as its team members. Even though TNO is a Dutch research institute, the group has English as its working language. You will be working in a highly motivated team that find innovative solutions for complex challenges. The team is committed and has eye for the social interaction besides work. In addition it is likely that you will also work with many experts from different departments around the Netherlands.Meet colleagues.
What can TNO offer you?
The work is challenging and varied. And with lots of opportunities, because at TNO, you are to a large extent in charge of your career. Besides a gross monthly salary between €2800,- en €3500,- (depending on your knowledge and experience), holiday allowance and a thirteenth month, you will have ample possibilities to develop yourself. At TNO, you can also put together your own ‘menu’ of terms of employment that suits your individual situation. Whatever you expect.
Read here which terms of employment you can choose from.
- Prospect of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative work environment, with high-calibre experts as colleagues.
- 28 days of holiday and 5 ATV days (additional days of paid leave on the basis of full-time employment).
- Travel allowance or a bicycle.
- A good pension scheme.
- Fun (virtual) activities with your team, site, and the whole of TNO. This will help you to quickly get to know many of your colleagues.
- Flexible working times and the option of working from home.
- The opportunity to do courses, training programmes and workshops, and attend conferences.
- Extensive removal allowance scheme for international applicants.
You can apply till May 30 2021. The first round of interviews is scheduled on June 11 2021. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and then an assessment OR presentation. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Erik Nennie
Phone number: 08886 66414