Technical Consultant in modelling and control of fluid flow processes | Delft
Contributing to the accelerated energy transition of the energy infrastructure Envision it. Become a technical consultant at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
The energy transition will profoundly change the energy infrastructure. The energy transition will require more flexibility from the energy system to accommodate the intermittent nature of renewable sources and to guarantee security of supply. Would you like to help to increase this flexibility for current and future, more sustainable infrastructures? As a Technical Consultant in modelling and control of fluid flow processes at TNO in Delft you will work in the front line of applying flow modelling, control and optimization based on physical models and Machine Learning in challenging projects.
What will be your role?
The internationally diverse team of Heat Transfer & Fluid Dynamics (HTFD) is your home base. And your 35+ colleagues are engineers and scientists sharing our ambition to overhaul the heating sector with innovative solutions. That’s why we need you to share your knowledge and innovative ideas, as we do ours. Like incorporating technology from other industries in our fields of study like Hydrogen and CO2 transport, enable you to share knowledge with other disciplines and applications. Ours is a professional, fun and supportive environment.
Learn more about Heat Transfer & Fluid Dynamics
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You have a Master (MSc) degree or PhD in preferably: Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems and Control or Energy technology.
- During your studies or previous professional experience, you have gained experience with Machine Learning, data analysis and fluid dynamics.
- Experience with software development in Matlab and/or Python is required.
- Knowledge of control/system optimization is an advantage.
- A background on fluid dynamics processes and physical modelling is also preferred.
- You enjoy and have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems in which you are capable to problem-solve on your own initiative and together in a team. You have attention to details.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 17th of August, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 25th and 26th of August, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015
Hiring manager: Erik Nennie
Phone number: 08886 66414