Technical Consultant Instrumentation for Energy applications| Delft
Contributing to tomorrow’s world. Envision it. Become a Technical Consultant at TNO in Delft
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
As a Technical Consultant process instrumentation at TNO in Delft you will work in the front line of applying and developing novel instrumentation technologies in challenging energy infrastructure projects. Would you like to help to increase this flexibility for current and future, more sustainable infrastructures?
What will be your role?
As a Technical Consultant, you will work on projects in the field of flow-related production, transport, conversion and distribution network optimization in the energy sector. The projects are mainly driven by the use of renewable gasses like hydrogen and biogas. Your work will contain, instrumentation development, flow modelling, control and optimization. For dynamic processes, you will apply and develop instrumentation concepts in combination with monitoring, control and optimization of energy infrastructure. You will have close contact with public and private clients to improve reliability and efficiency of their production systems or networks and to develop novel, greener pathways and systems for decarbonization. Your work will be strongly linked to the ambition of TNO to contribute to the energy transition in the Netherlands and at European level.
More information about the Heat Transfer & Fluid Dynamics department and our projects.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You have a Master (MSc) degree: Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Energy technology.
- Experience with applying and developing instrumentation is required.
- During your studies or previous professional experience, you have gained experience on fluid dynamics and flow control. A background on modelling fluid dynamics processes is preferred.
- You enjoy and have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems in which you are capable to problem-solve on your own initiative and together in a team. You have attention to details.
In this role it is important that you are capable to tackle complex problems and understand the interest of your client(s). The projects you work on contain multiple disciplines that require a broad knowledge base and good communication skills with other experts around you. You identify yourself as a team player and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 11th of July. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 15th, 18th and 19th of July. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015
Hiring manager: Erik Nennie
Phone number: 08886 66414