What will you be doing?
Your work will be to manage those projects and realize the results and deliverables within time, budget and satisfaction of the customers. You will have an important external focus towards clients and partners and internal focus with business developers and technical experts. Your work will strongly link to the ambition of TNO to contribute to the energy transition. As a technical project manager you will manage various projects in the department heat transfer and fluid dynamics. The projects contribute to realizing and facilitating the energy transition, e.g.:
This is the link
- Hydrogen production, transport and storage
- Optimizing energy production, transport and storage offshore
- Geothermal energy production
- Optimizing heat networks
for more information about the department Heat Transfer & Fluid Dynamics and our projects.
What do we require of you?
In this role it is important that you are capable to steer the projects towards the aimed results and understand the interest of your client. As projectmanager you should be able to understand the underlying research questions of the projects. You will plan and organize the research together with the experts to come up with a plan, setting out specific goals and results. In the course of the project you will oversee the financial progress and planning and monitor the actual content. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to make the project a success. As the projectmanager, you will interact with internal and external stakeholders, which requires good communication skills.
You can identify yourself in the following profile:
- You have at least a Master (MSc) degree at a technical university.
- You have proven experience (>5 years) in managing complex projects in the energy domain
- You enjoy and have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems in which you are capable to communicate with different stakeholders, like industrial partners, academia and government.
- You love working in teams and connecting people.
What can you expect of your work situation?
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932 we have been developing knowledge and technologies in the general interest. We find common ground in fascination and resourcefulness, and are driven to push boundaries. There is ample room for your talent and ambition. You will be working with people who are a match for you, who inspire you, and who want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to turn your vision into reality. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes a difference. Because with each innovation, you contribute to the life of the future.Read more about TNO as an employer
The research group is internationally orientated in both projects as well as its team members. Even though TNO is a Dutch research institute, the group has English as its working language. You will be working in a highly motivated team that find innovative solutions for complex challenges. The team is committed and has eye for the social interaction besides work. In addition it is likely that you will also work with many experts from different departments around the Netherlands.Meet colleagues
What can TNO offer you?
The work is challenging and varied. And with lots of opportunities, because at TNO, you are to a large extent in charge of your career. Besides a gross monthly salary between €3800,- en €5500,- (depending on your knowledge and experience), holiday allowance and a thirteenth month, you will have ample possibilities to develop yourself. At TNO, you can also put together your own ‘menu’ of terms of employment that suits your individual situation. Whatever you expect.
Prospect of a permanent contract.
Read here which terms of employment you can choose from
- An extremely professional, innovative work environment, with high-calibre experts as colleagues.
- 28 days of holiday and 5 ATV days (additional days of paid leave on the basis of full-time employment).
- Travel allowance or a bicycle.
- A good pension scheme.
- Fun (virtual) activities with your team, site, and the whole of TNO. This will help you to quickly get to know many of your colleagues.
- Flexible working times and the option of working from home.
- The opportunity to do courses, training programmes and workshops, and attend conferences.
- Access to the TNO project leaders’ guild, a network of about three hundred like-minded people. The guild annually organises various workshops, symposia, peer learning sessions and other activities for project leaders.
- Extensive removal allowance scheme for international applicants.
You can apply till the 30th of May 2021. The first round of interviews is scheduled on the 10th of June 2021. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and after a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Erik Nennie
Phone number: 08886 66414