Wind energy scientist
Contributing to innovative offshore wind energy solutions for a zero-carbon energy system. Envision it. Become a wind energy scientist at TNO in Petten or Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
The need to reduce our fossil fuel dependence is greater than ever and offshore wind energy is becoming increasingly important to accelerate the shift to carbon neutral. The integration of renewables such as wind, solar and green hydrogen is key to securing availability, even during peak loads. As a wind energy scientist at TNO you’ll be initiating and conducting research geared to system integration. And you’ll be working closely with partners such as leading power suppliers, turbine manufacturers, research institutes and government authorities. Are you up for the challenge? Join our team of highly-driven wind energy experts!
What will be your role?
The internationally diverse team of the Wind Energy research group is your home base. And your 50+ highly qualified colleagues at our high-tech research facilities in Petten and Delft share a drive to upscale the offshore production of wind energy and integrate wind in an ultimately zero-carbon energy system. Together, we work on a multitude of topics. Which is why we need you to share your knowledge and innovative ideas, as we do ours. At both our facilities you’ll find a professional, fun and supportive atmosphere, in which you are coached and stimulated to develop your full potential.
Learn more about the Wind Energy research group
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in a relevant subject such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Energy Technology.
- Demonstrable experience in working on projects at organizations offering products or services in the field of wind energy and system integration.
- Ability to translate complex and multidisciplinary analysis into future business opportunities aligned with the TNO roadmap.
- An excellent command of English, as you’ll be working in international teams and with international partners.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 11th of July, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 18th and 19th of July, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Frank Bax
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 113 20080
Hiring manager: Marc Langelaar
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 63060