Senior Innovation Orchestrator | The Hague
About this position
The societal challenges we’re currently facing are complex. As far as we’re concerned, the key to their resolution lies in innovation and collaboration with the private sector, knowledge institutes, and public authorities. As an innovation orchestrator, your role will be to create strategic partnerships with all the parties that are relevant to initiate innovation for a certain change. Proper alignment between the parties, a clear vision regarding the solutions, and their societal impact are central in this.
What will be your role?
Whether in the ICT realm, regarding sustainability, the industrial transformation, or the energy transition, you will enhance innovation, enabling technology to initiate societal transitions. You will unite the stakeholders of changes. You will subsequently shape these (often public-private) consortia. To implement a change, you will simultaneously work at a company, regional, national and European level. You will manage programmes and activate and inspire stakeholders. You will make sure that everyone aligns with the roadmap while managing the broader process. In doing so, you will continuously link TNO’s (technological) expertise to your innovation programmes, creating mutually leveraging relationships between TNO and the stakeholders.
What we expect from you
You are a connector, are able to build relationships and networks, and easily switch between different disciplines and sectors. You have the firmness of character to develop a vision and take a stand for it, while also being flexible enough to adapt to changes. You have a tremendous drive, are entrepreneurial, take ownership of challenges, enjoy working together with people, and are curious to discover what moves them. You’re also consistently transparent and focused on the long term. Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university master’s degree or PhD.
- A minimum of five years of experience setting up and managing consortia or innovation programmes.
- A minimum of ten years of experience with projects in which technology played a decisive role.
- A track record of organising financing for complex innovations arising from various public and private sources.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- Travel allowance or a bike
- A good pension scheme.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.