Technical Consultant Instrumentation for Energy applications| Delft
Contributing to tomorrow’s world. Envision it. Become a Technical Consultant at TNO in Delft
About this position
As a Technical Consultant process instrumentation at TNO in Delft you will work in the front line of applying and developing novel instrumentation technologies in challenging energy infrastructure projects. Would you like to help to increase this flexibility for current and future, more sustainable infrastructures?
What will be your role?
The energy transition will profoundly change the energy infrastructure. The energy transition will require more flexibility from the energy system to accommodate the intermittent nature of renewable sources and to guarantee security of supply.
As a Technical Consultant, you will work on projects in the field of flow-related production, transport, conversion and distribution network optimization in the energy sector. The projects are mainly driven by the use of renewable gasses like hydrogen and biogas. Your work will contain instrumentation development, flow modelling, control and optimization. For dynamic processes, you will apply and develop instrumentation concepts in combination with monitoring, control and optimization of energy infrastructure. You will have close contact with public and private clients to improve reliability and efficiency of their production systems or networks and to develop novel, greener pathways and systems for decarbonization. Your work will be strongly linked to the ambition of TNO to contribute to the energy transition in the Netherlands and at European level.
More information about the Heat Transfer & Fluid Dynamics department and our projects.
What we expect from you
In your role as a Technical Consultant you can identify yourself with the following profile:
- You have a Master's (MSc) degree: Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Energy technology.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with applying and developing instrumentation hardware is required, preferably in flow-related topics in the energy domain.
- During your studies or previous professional experience, you have gained experience on fluid dynamics and flow control. A background on modelling fluid dynamics processes is preferred.
- You enjoy and have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems in which you are capable to problem-solve on your own initiative and together in a team. You have attention to details.
In this role it is important that you are capable to tackle complex problems and understand the interest of your client(s). The projects you work on contain multiple disciplines that require a broad knowledge base and good communication skills with other experts around you. You identify yourself as a team player and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.800 and € 5.950 (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
The research group is internationally oriented in both projects as well as its team members. Even though TNO is a Dutch research institute, the group has English as its working language. You will be working in a highly motivated team that finds innovative solutions to complex challenges. The team is committed and has eye for social interaction besides work.
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 5th of October, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process before the end of September.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.