Project Manager Materials Solutions | Eindhoven
Contributing to innovations enabling the energy and materials transition. Envision it. Become project manager Materials Solutions at TNO in Eindhoven.
About this position
For a net-zero future, the energy transition and materials transition are both critical. Not only does industry require a paradigm shift towards the use of sustainable materials, innovative materials will in fact contribute to the energy transition, like storing (residual) heat in molecules for highly efficient heat batteries in homes. As a project manager at TNO, you will take the lead in national and international projects, ranging from research into hydrogen storage materials to polymer degradation and microplastics. That’s how you will contribute to a sustainable future!
What will be your role?
The projects you will manage range from single-client projects with leading industrial partners, to EU-funded projects involving international consortiums. Managing multiple projects simultaneously, you will be responsible for budgets, customer satisfaction, risk management and the quality of the deliverables. When initiating projects, you will work closely with business developers and scientists, identifying client needs, defining the scope, writing proposals and attracting funding from the Dutch Research Council, Horizon Europe and other relevant funding schemes.
You will join the internationally diverse team of TNO’s Materials Solutions research group. At the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, which will be your home base, and the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, we have over 1,100 m2 of sophisticated research facilities and laboratories. We offer you a collaborative and supportive environment, in which we all work towards a sustainable future. Do you share our drive to accelerate the energy and materials transition, and support industries with sustainable materials and techniques?
Learn more about the Materials Solutions research group.
What we expect from you
You thrive on helping accelerate the energy and materials transition by taking the lead in interdisciplinary research. Supported by your communication and stakeholder management skills, you convince leading industrial clients, academic partners and colleagues of our proposals and approach. With confidence, you align conflicting interests and keep your projects on track. You also have a keen eye for legal and intellectual property aspects, for which you work closely with TNO’s experts in these fields. Alternating between projects, you inspire, lead and coach the members of the various project teams.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- An MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or another relevant subject.
- Project management qualifications such as IPMA C or similar.
- Demonstrable working experience as project lead / manager in applied R&D, preferably related to polymeric materials, polymer recycling, or materials for (geo) energy applications.
- Experience of writing complex project proposals.
- A good command of written and spoken English, as you’ll be working in international partnerships.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
‘You can achieve a lot at TNO if you take your chances’. Recruiter Brahim Dagdaoui has an eye for talent. It’s his job to make sure scientists find a place at TNO where they can blossom and work on groundbreaking innovations. He works for the Industry and Traffic & Transport units, where cool things are happening.
LinkedIn:Brahim on LinkedIn
Jan Pieter MauriceFunctie:Hiring manager
Standplaats:Eindhoven - High Tech Campus 25
Email:Email Jan Pieter