Project Manager Thin Film Electronics | Eindhoven
Contribute to tomorrow’s world. Envision it. Become Project Manager Thin Film Electronics at TNO in Eindhoven
About this position
TNO at Holst Centre works with a range of thin-film technologies, originally developed for display and electronics applications, that can be solutions for challenges in the domains of Biomedical Electronics and Energy Storage. Examples include the development of organ-on-chip applications for acceleration of medicine development, and next generation of batteries and electrolysers. For these developments, Holst Centre works closely with both local and international ecosystem of start-ups and scale-ups, larger established companies as well as with other TNO departments such as Unit Energy Transition (EL) within a number of different collaboration modes such as European funded projects, Dutch national initiatives as well as business-to-business shared research collaborations. In order to manage (the portfolio of) these collaborations, TNO at Holst Centre is looking for a technical project leader to deliver successful project outcome and create impact for TNO at Holst Centre and, most importantly, its partners.
What will be your role?
You will join the Thin-Film Electronics team to develop and realize the program and project portfolio in the domain of Biomedical Electronics and Energy Storage, leveraging Holst Centre’s strengths in thin and thick film process technology and related technologies. Your daily activities will be varied since you will join a multidisciplinary team that executes multiple programs and projects with company partners and European consortia in parallel. Specifically, you will initiate and define project proposals with external stakeholders and manage the successful (technical) outcome in the form of deliverables, technical milestone and/or technology prototypes. In order to be most effective in our current technological project portfolio, our believe is that a technical background and experience in a dynamic research environment is a pre.
Your main activities will be to
- Interaction with international customers, both managing and exceeding their expectations
- Translating (technical) customer needs into strong and attractive R&D project plans and proposals
- Guiding a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled researchers and process engineers in a constructive, structured and non-hierarchic fashion
- Leading multiple projects in parallel, both within consortia and business-to-business according to plan, quality standards and budget towards maximum impact for Holst Centre partners
What we expect from you
- Technical education (MSc,) with preferably experience in electrochemistry, energy storage, or biomedical engineering
- Skilled project management professional (PMP, Prince2, IPMA) with at least 3 years of experience in managing complex international projects
- Experience in working in a dynamic research environment, able to manage imprecise requirements and high (technical) uncertainties
- Pro-active, self-propelling team player with a strong customer focus
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on quality and the drive to continuously improve both organisational and technical processes as well as deliverables
- Excellent communication skills in English
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
‘You can achieve a lot at TNO if you take your chances’. Recruiter Brahim Dagdaoui has an eye for talent. It’s his job to make sure scientists find a place at TNO where they can blossom and work on groundbreaking innovations. He works for the Industry and Traffic & Transport units, where cool things are happening.
LinkedIn:Brahim on LinkedIn
Auke KronemeijerFunctie:Hiring manager
Standplaats:Eindhoven - High Tech Campus 25
LinkedIn:Auke on LinkedIn