Medior Business Developer Smart Vehicles
Contribute to boost the well-being of society by ensuring safe, efficient, accessible and sustainable smart vehicles solutions? Envision it.
What will be your role?
In this role, you will be responsible for a significant part of our national and international business portfolio and order intake, with client projects and programs that contribute structurally to the roadmap Smart Traffic & Transport. You will be part of the business development team of Mobility and Build Environment Unit at TNO, working primarily in for the Smart Vehicle programs (Automated Yards, Connected and Cooperative, Streetproof and Streetwise).
You will bear responsibility for strategic business and partnership development. You will (co-) develop innovative propositions and position them with strategic stakeholders, accelerating our roadmap for smart vehicles. In day-to-day operations, you will team up with program and project managers and experts from the research department Integrated Vehicle Safety, such as consultants and scientists in the fields of connected, cooperative and automated vehicles, safety assessment and monitoring.
You will report to the Program Cluster Manager and the Market Director.
What we expect from you
- University degree (MSc) and/or proven academic level of thinking in combination with BSc;
- A proven track record (5 years of experience) in a commercial (management) role for strategic business and partnership development;
- Ability to engage with partners and clients at senior decision making level on business propositions as well as strategic cooperation;
- Ability and proven experience to coordinate and execute multiple business opportunities at the same time, with focus on actual deal closing with new and existing partners;
- Strong affinity with (development, validation, verification and assessment) of cooperative and automated driving technologies, including sensor fusion for world modeling and localization, motion planning, decision making and vehicle control;
- Awareness on safety architectures design and standards for autonomous systems (example ISO 26262, ISO/PAS 21448). Preferably knowledge on development challenges in automatic testing and validation methodologies, human factors in automated driving, real-time performance and safety of AI-enabled systems;
- Familiar with current business challenges in using and implementing emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Cyber-security and Connectivity;
- Experience and interest in (safety) assessment or validation is preferred;
- Proven and highly developed ability to operate both independently as within a team;
- Fluent in both English and Dutch language;
- Willingness to travel.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 4,100 and € 6,100 (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance or a leased car.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 24th of February 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
“My favourite candidates are the ones who ask the most interesting questions”. As an experienced corporate recruiter, Heleen Stork does most of the asking during a job interview. But when a candidate asks the right questions to her, Heleen knows she’s caught a good one.