System Engineer Hydrogen
Working on technological breakthroughs for upscaling electrolysis in Europe's largest hydrogen research facility. Can you envision it? Become a System Engineer Hydrogen at TNO in Petten.
What will be your role?
Renewable hydrogen plays an important role in all energy transition scenarios and is critical in decarbonising hard-to-abate sectors. Electrolysis is the technology used to produce renewable hydrogen and sustainable chemicals, and is therefore a key enabling technology. Together with international top players from industry and academia, we accelerate innovation and implementation of water electrolysis and power-2-x. Research in which TNO is at the forefront. Are you coming to pioneer, experiment and innovate with us in our Faraday laboratory?
What will be your role:
As System Engineer Hydrogen you are responsible for the development, creation and acceptance of the complete technical solution, performance and scope. In consultation with the customer, technical solutions and performance is optimized, taking schedule and cost constraints into consideration. You are the point of contact for our customers when it comes to the technical content of the project. Within the project team you liaise between customer, project manager and specialists. You know which resources/tools can be used to streamline technical processes and have the ability to motivate and inspire the project team.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Applied Physics or equivalent.
- Working experience in Systems Engineering in a high-tech environment, preferably in the field of hydrogen.
- Project management skills with great client focus.
- Team player with autonomy and collegiality.
- Pioneering mentality, and you are comfortable with the uncertainty that comes with scientific and engineering challenges.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and problem solving attitude.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language or willing to learn Dutch at the highest NT2 level.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 4.156,- and € 6.405,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 13th of February 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.