Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS)
Contributing to a sustainable chemical industry. Envision it. Become a CCUS consultant at TNO in Delft.
About this position
Our society, including the energy sector and the (chemical) industry is in a transition towards the use of renewable feedstock and energy, introduction of circularity and carbon capture and re-use. The group Sustainable Process & Energy Systems (SPES) based in Delft, the Netherlands, works on these transitional topics with a fast-growing diverse and international team of about 65 employees. We work for and with (renewable) energy and chemistry companies and in a network of international knowledge partners. In order to achieve the 2050 European energy and climate sustainability goals for renewable energy, a multi-energy approach on energy generation and conversion is required. In our lab and offices in Delft a dedicated and highly motivated team of researchers, domain experts and consultants is working on accelerating the market uptake of innovative technologies to support the transition towards a Sustainable Industry. We are currently looking to expand the team with a highly motivated consultant with a strong scientific and engineering background.
What will be your role?
As a CCUS consultant, you will work on several projects to create a sustainable chemical industry and support its acquisition. The projects can range from co-funded innovation projects with national and international consortia to assignments for corporate clients. You will work on a variety of assignments. You can think of data collection and analysis, industrial research, report writing, participating in proposal writing, presenting to customers, creating technical or economic models or conceptually designing pilots for new sustainable technologies. The focus of the work is on CO2 emission reduction from industrial processes, either through capture and storage (CCS) or utilisation of the CO2 (CCU).
What we expect from you
You are enthusiastic and able to combine the analytical focus of a scientist with the problem-solving ability of an engineer. You have a drive to develop innovative solutions to technically challenging problems, through the right mix of intellectual curiosity and a practical approach. You are a team player and enjoy working in diverse international teams on innovative solutions for a more sustainable economy. You are proactive, solution-oriented, results-oriented, communicative and have good interpersonal and reporting skills. You are able to integrate different approaches to solve industry challenges. You have a growth mindset and a desire to develop yourself.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A Master's degree in chemical process engineering; a PDEng or PhD is an advantage.
- Working experience in the chemical industry.
- Knowledge of energy and resource transition.
- Knowledge of EU regulations and strategies such as "Fit for 55" and their impact on industry activities.
- Experience in evaluating technologies, analysing results, using various software tools to support analysis of technology options based on economic and environmental indicators, presentation and reporting.
- Good command of the English language, both oral and written. Willingness to learn Dutch.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.340,- and € 4.200,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 13th of February 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 21st of February 2023. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
Anne-Maartje den Uijl-MeijmanFunctie:Recruiter