Project lead Human Behaviour and Training (32-40 hours)
Contributing to tomorrow's world. Envision it. Become a Project lead Human Behaviour in TNO Soesterberg.
About this position
Leading innovative human centric research and getting the best out of multi-disciplinary teams to support professionals who are committed to our safety and security for a thriving society. Envision it. Become a project lead Human Behaviour and Training at TNO.
What will be your role?
As a member of the Human Behaviour team, you will manage and lead multi-disciplinary projects pertaining to human behaviour, education and training, information processing, decision making to the benefit of military personnel and military teams, police officers or other safety and security professionals. Your daily activities will comprise of preparing project meetings, keeping track of progress, proactively managing project changes, holding progress meetings with customers and stakeholders and foremost engaging and motivating project team members. You will keep up with relevant internal developments and external societal trends, and initiate activities to explore these together with colleagues and partners from industry and/or societal bodies.
Human Behaviour is one of three teams in the Human Behaviour & Training research group. In HBT we have unique expertise pertaining to human behaviour in socio-technical context: innovation in the realm of information sharing, measuring and enhancing cooperation of individuals and teams, behavioural influence and education and training. The research group HBT consists of approximately 50 experts in the field of educational sciences, psychology, data science, AI and (design) engineering.
What we expect from you
Conducting scientific research while working on relevant practical applications in partnership with clients and other organisations is something that excites you. You possess the knowledge and skills regarding leading complex projects in multi-disciplinary teams. You strive for solutions that really work in practice, while balancing time, budget and quality You thrive in teams and you communicate effectively with colleagues and clients. Turning customer questions and complex goals into concrete solutions comes natural to you.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A master's degree or work experience in a relevant field, such as psychology, educational sciences, human factors or similar
- People and project management skills
- Willingness to really dive into the world of Defence, Police and other security professionals
- For non-Dutch speakers: the willingness to master the Dutch language at B-level within your first year of employment in order to hold basic conversations with colleagues and Dutch customers. TNO will provide the support do achieve this level if needed.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 4.500,- and € 5.800,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 13th of February, 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 15th of February, 2023. The second interview round has been scheduled for the 20th of February, 2023. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
“My favourite candidates are the ones who ask the most interesting questions”. As an experienced corporate recruiter, Heleen Stork does most of the asking during a job interview. But when a candidate asks the right questions to her, Heleen knows she’s caught a good one.