Senior Business Developer Solar Energy | The Netherlands
Contributing to in developing initiatives that will bring concept for “solar energy everywhere” to the market. Envision it. Become a Senior Business Developer Solar Energy at TNO in Petten or Eindhoven.
What will be your role?
Solar energy is pivotal in the energy transition and will be so even more in the future. An enormously growing market with a lot of challenges for innovation. Key words: societal acceptance, use of scarce area, need for cost breakthroughs, need for integrated products.
The cost of solar pv has decreased substantially over the last decades, making solar pv competitive with fossil options. A further cost reduction is possible and also needed. Deployment related barriers, such as visual and electrical integration, safety and circularity, resulting from the rapid market uptake are becoming increasingly relevant. This requires new concepts based on the vision that every surface will generate renewable electricity. Examples are advanced concept for solar energy in buildings and in infrastructure.
With and for our partners (industry, governmental, universities), you develop proposals in a business-to-business context as well as in public private partnerships with the aim to facilitate the energy transition and strengthen the position of Dutch industry.
- You work as a member of an energetic and dedicated team of 8 people.
- You build a close cooperation with the experts groups in Petten and Eindhoven.
- You will work at different locations in the Netherlands
- Business development in TNO is based on a thorough understanding of our propositions (technology driven)
Read more about the roadmap Solar Energy at TNO
What we expect from you
You are able to build up and maintain a relevant network in the solar industry and materialize the interests of current and potential clients into business opportunities.
You are able to translate your vision on the developments in the solar energy field to implications for the TNO solar strategy.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- University degree in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry or equivalent.
- Experience as business developer, or content driven Marketing or Sales
- Good knowledge of solar energy technology and/or systems, or the ability to quickly extend your knowledge from a related technology field
- A relevant network in the solar energy domain is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch as well as English is a must
What you'll get in return
The work is challenging and varied. And with lots of opportunities, because at TNO, you are to a large extent in charge of your career. Besides a gross monthly salary between € 6.177,- and € 7.958,- (depending on your knowledge and experience), holiday allowance (8%) and a thirteenth month (8,33%) and a flex budget (5,58% + 180,-). Also you will have ample possibilities to develop yourself. At TNO, you can also put together your own ‘menu’ of terms of employment that suits your individual situation. Whatever you expect.
- An extremely professional, innovative work environment, with high-calibre experts as colleagues.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home
- Possibility of working 32-40 hours
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance, a bicycle or lease auto
- 28 days of holiday and 5 ATV days (additional days of paid leave on the basis of full-time employment).
- Fun (virtual) activities with your team, site, and the whole of TNO. This will help you to quickly get to know many of your colleagues.
- Possibility to follow courses, training and workshops and to attend conferences or receive any coaching you may need.
- Comprehensive relocation package for international applicants.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
Within TNO you will be joining the business development team of the Solar Energy roadmap which works closely together with the expertise teams in Petten and Eindhoven. This business development team is dedicated to develop opportunities improving solar cells and modules towards higher efficiency and reliability and lower cost. Our distinguishing feature is applicability in industry in which we have an international track record. We also research new applications. Examples are building, vehicle or landscape integrated PV, and dual use of area like in agriculture or nature conservation. The team is international, and caring towards colleagues and that is something we take pride in.
The selection process
Please apply before the 16th of February, 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 27th of February, 2023. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.