Business Development Manager Flexible Electronics | Eindhoven
This is your time to make a mark on Flexible Electronics? Become Business Development Manager Flexible Electronics at TNO in Eindhoven
About this position
HOLST CENTRE is a leading R&D institute, located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. We develop technology that responds to the global societal challenges of tomorrow and contributes to a healthier and more sustainable world. Our innovations are aimed at improving the vitality and wellbeing of people, and ensuring sustainable environments. We strengthen the economic power of our industry partners by developing world-class, breakthrough technology solutions that they can bring to their markets. Application areas we work vary from next generation of electronics to medical device technology.
What will be your role?
Being the first line business interface with customers and prospects, the Business Development Manager uses market know-how in the domain of flexible electronics markets to set the go-to-market strategy, together with the technical team. The pivotal role is to generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration. In close cooperation with Program Management, the worldwide Country Managers, and Marketing you create high-value proposals that you will follow-up until closure of a contract. You are key in maintaining and extending existing partnerships.
The Business Development Manager position will be located at TNO at Holst Centre, though it builds on close relations with several competence groups based both in TNO and its research partners. Hence close collaboration with your BD colleagues as well as legal and IP is expected. Your tasks include:
- Translate market trends and needs into value propositions based on TNO at Holst Centre unique R&D offerings.
- Convert propositions into collaboration proposals based on TNO at Holst Centre various business models ranging from shared research programs, bilateral projects to government funded projects and spin off creation.
- Manage to total business development process until deal closing in close collaboration with management, technical, legal and IP teams.
- Advise Program Management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions on the research roadmap, providing market requirements and product definitions.
- Represent Holst Centre at external fairs and exhibitions where customers, universities, chip foundries and design houses meet one another.
- Keep track of the latest market insights. Benchmark and validate the value of Holst Centre's solutions versus what is available elsewhere in the market.
What we expect from you
- MSc or PhD degree in beta-sciences or equivalent through experience, preferably with an MBA.
- Over 3 years (or more) of experience in business development for R&D projects, preferably in the technology domain.
- Excellent knowledge of the technologies and markets and use this to advise and promote to customers the most suitable solutions, in collaboration with the technical teams at Holst Centre.
- Able to extend internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business related matters.
- Willingness to travel worldwide (approx. 20%) on a frequent basis. Holst Centre has partners in Europe, Asia and the United States.
- Ability to handle the full Business Development trajectory, from gathering initial market insight to actual deal closing with new partners / clients of Holst Centre.
- Ability to translate deep technology know-how into attractive business propositions.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance or a leased car.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
‘You can achieve a lot at TNO if you take your chances’. Recruiter Brahim Dagdaoui has an eye for talent. It’s his job to make sure scientists find a place at TNO where they can blossom and work on groundbreaking innovations. He works for the units High Tech Industry and Mobility & Built Environment, where cool things are happening.
LinkedIn:Brahim on LinkedIn
Ton van MolFunctie:Hiring manager
Standplaats:Eindhoven - Holst Centre
LinkedIn:Ton on LinkedIn