Innovator Radar Surveillance & Countermeasures | The Hague
Contributing to peace and security. Envision it. Become an Innovator Radar Surveillance at TNO in The Hague.
What will be your role?
In the coming years, the Royal Netherlands Navy is going to replace a large part of its fleet. The new ships will benefit from an excellent information position and will be equipped with the most advanced sensors and sensor concepts. You will focus your work on these systems that contribute to this information position by continuously monitoring the electromagnetic spectrum for the presence of (hostile) radar signals, interpreting these signals and combining them with knowledge of the ship's own radar signature. In this way, the ship is optimally prepared to take appropriate countermeasures against hostile radar systems in the event of an acute threat. You will help to improve this process and make it future-proof by making smart use of modern techniques in the field of parameter estimation, Machine Learning and tracking, in models, simulations, in experiments and measurements on board, and in data analyses.
What we expect from you
Innovation and development is a given for you. You know how to get things done and are able to translate insights from the scientific world into practice in the domain of defence and security. You can clearly communicate the results of your research in advice, reports and presentations.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- You have completed an academic technical education such as (Technical) Physics, (Technical) Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or Artificial Intelligence.
- You have a demonstrable affinity with Machine Learning, digital signal processing, system modeling, and electromagnetic propagation and/or effects (courses taken and/or interests).
- Knowledge and (work) experience with radar technology and/or radar system concepts is a big plus, but we are also interested if you are a recent graduate.
- The work is in many cases international in character and therefore you have a good command of English in both word and writing. Speaking Dutch is preferred.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.200,- and € 3.700,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
“My ideal TNO person? An enthusiastic and critical thinker who understands the impact of our work”. Of course, Jane Duinisveld looks at education and experience, but as a Corporate Recruiter at TNO she is mainly looking for enthusiasm, passion and eagerness to learn.
Telefoon:+31 6 29 40 75 66
LinkedIn:Jane on LinkedIn
Peter Jan DoetsFunctie:Hiring manager
Standplaats:Den Haag - Oude Waalsdorperweg
Email:Email Peter Jan