Scientist Work Force Development / A&O psychologie (32-40u) | Soesterberg
Contributing to the world of tomorrow. Envision it. Become a Scientist Work Force Development / A&O psychologie (32-40u) at TNO in Soesterberg.
About this position
Initiating new methods and innovations with respect to selection, development and retention of personnel who are committed to our safety and security. Envision it. Become a Scientist Work Force Development at TNO.
What will be your role?
You will study complex personnel questions in the safety and security domain, especially the Ministry of Defence and National Police. Your scope will be diverse, ranging from system level and societal challenges to very specific customer questions. In multidisciplinary teams, you will work on the improvement of selection of personnel, on developing and validating of competence testing and evaluation and on devising innovative interventions aimed at the recruitment, retention and development of individuals and the work force as whole.
Your daily activities will comprise of performing literature research, interviewing clients and stakeholders, developing scientific models (people analytics), designing and carrying out scientific experiments, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and scientific reporting. In addition, you will keep up with relevant scientific developments and initiate activities to explore these together with colleagues as well as contributing to proposals, reports and papers in Dutch and English.
You will become a member of the Human Behaviour & Training research group. In HBT we have unique expertise pertaining to human behaviour in socio-technical context: innovation in the realm of information sharing, measuring and enhancing cooperation of individuals and teams, behavioural influence and education and training. The research group HBT consists of approximately 50 experts in the field of educational sciences, psychology, data science, AI and (design) engineering.
What we expect from you
Conducting scientific research while working on relevant practical applications in partnership with clients and other organisations is something that excites you. You possess the scientific knowledge and skills regarding personnel challenges such as selection, learning, development, retention. Data analysis holds no secrets for you. You strive for solutions that really work in practice, while holding the scientific basis in high regard. You thrive in teams and you communicate effectively with colleagues and clients. Turning customer questions and complex goals into concrete solutions comes natural to you.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A master's degree, a PhD or work experience in a relevant field of A&O psychology or similar.
- Skills pertaining to carrying out scientific research (literature research, experiment design, data analysis and reporting) and especially quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Knowledge and skills in putting interventions and research results in practice.
- You are enthousiastic and motivated to really dive into the world of defence, police and other security professionals.
- The drive and potential to develop (further) in one of the following roles: specialist, integrator, project leader, or consultant.
- Professional proficiency (or you are willing to achieve the level necessary) both in Dutch and in English.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 23rd of March 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 3rd of April 2023. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
“My favourite candidates are the ones who ask the most interesting questions”. As an experienced corporate recruiter, Heleen Stork does most of the asking during a job interview. But when a candidate asks the right questions to her, Heleen knows she’s caught a good one.
Telefoon:+31 6 51 53 49 22
Arend WoeringFunctie:Hiring manager
LinkedIn:Arend on LinkedIn