Scientist gas treatment (CCU) | Delft
Make your mark on our times? Come work at TNO as a scientist gas treatment in Delft!
About this position
You thrive on helping accelerate industrial decarbonisation by developing innovative, yet pragmatic carbon capture and utilisation solutions, combining modelling and simulation with laboratory experiments. To convince leading During the transition towards renewable energy and feedstocks, hard-to-abate industries, like waste to energy, cement and long distance shipping will still be emitting CO2. This is why capturing, storing and using CO2 could dramatically accelerate industrial decarbonisation. It all starts with innovative CO2 capture and utilisation concepts, which you will help develop further and implement as an experienced CCU scientist at TNO.. Would you like to contribute to the industrial net-zero transformation and work closely with leading industrial partners?
What will be your role?
You’ll be involved in multiple projects. Working with industrial end users and in national and international initiatives, you’ll be the technical lead. In this capacity, you will be responsible for the results we achieve. You will also support business development with the acquisition of projects, for which you will be communicating with clients and identifying their needs. In addition, you will help write project proposals, working closely with the scientific lead and project managers. You will develop process models and carry out simulations. And you’ll design experimental lab setups from bench to pilot scale, and plan and coordinate the experiments, which will be carried out by our laboratory colleagues. Analysis of lab and onsite experimental data is an integral part of your role, as are techno-economic assessments and reporting.
You will also write papers and speak at leading conferences. That’s how you will help put TNO’s Gas Treatment Team on the map and make sure we are up to date with the latest scientific developments in the field. Gas treatment is one of the focus areas of the Sustainable Process & Energy Systems expertise group. The 17 highly motivated people in our international team share a drive to decarbonise industry. We offer you a collaborative and supportive environment, in which we work together to provide solutions for the industry.
What we expect from you
You thrive on helping accelerate industrial decarbonisation by developing innovative, yet pragmatic carbon capture and utilisation solutions, combining modelling and simulation with laboratory experiments. To convince leading industrial clients, colleagues and international partners of your proposals and approach, you harness your experience, in-depth knowledge and communication skills. Collaborating to achieve meaningful team results, you go the extra mile to meet deadlines and TNO’s high quality standards. And alternating between projects does not trouble you in the least. You are an excellent communicator and can guide and motivate your fellow scientists and the people working in the lab.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- An MSc or PhD in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering.
- A minimal of 5 years demonstrable working experience (after your study) in the field of carbon capture and utilisation, experience and a keen interest in laboratory work. You will be guiding and coordinating laboratory experiments. Knowledge of relevant analytics and data processing.
- Experience of modelling and simulation, e.g. with Aspen Plus, Python, ProTreat or Excel VBA.
- A drive to speak at conferences and events, and a track-record of published papers in scientific journals is a plus.
- A good command of written and spoken English, as you’ll be working in an international community.
- A dedicated team-player who can also work independently.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 4.100,- and € 5.500,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel[OPTIONAL] or a leased car.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
Anne-Maartje den Uijl-MeijmanFunctie:Recruiter
Posted by: #LI-AD1 Anne-Maartje den Uijl-Meijman
Email: [email protected]