Want to make your mark on our time? Become a servicedesk employee at TNO in Utrecht!
What will be your role?
The Geological Survey of the Netherlands is the centre of expertise and knowledge in relation to the subsurface of the Netherlands. One of its key tasks is to ensure high-quality information about the subsurface.
A strongly customer-oriented and high-quality service desk is essential to this work.
Your duties include:
- Handling client requests appropriately and effectively.
- First-line support for clients using the services of the Geological Survey of the Netherlands.
- Monitoring to ensure that requests allocated are handled within the agreed time.
- Providing reports on requests.
- Identifying frequently recurring queries and advising on how such queries might be made unnecessary.
- Identifying commercial opportunities and discussing them with account managers.
- Checking registrations and questions related to the National Key Registry of the Subsurface and ensuring their inclusion in the BRO register.
- Processing requests for data that fall outside standard services.
What we expect from you
You’re energised by being the contact person for various queries and requests from internal and external clients regarding the BRO.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- Higher Vocational or Higher Professional Education (MBO+/HBO) working level and intellectual ability.
- Client-friendliness, a focus on service, and great effectiveness.
- A good command of Dutch and English.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude towards service optimisation.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 2.673,- and € 3.859,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 10th of December, 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 4th and 5th of September, 2023. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Posted by: #LI-LV1 Liza van Gijtenbeek-Volkert
Email: [email protected]