Medior Project Manager | Petten
Want to make your mark on our time? Become a Project Manager at TNO in Petten!
About this position
As a project manager you will help us realize our ambitions, and those ambitions don't lie. With our research we make the difference for the most energy-intensive sectors. You will work with more than 200 process technologists on a portfolio of breakthrough technologies including green hydrogen, -gas and - fuels, green feedstock, sustainable industrial heat systems, electrification of industrial processes and Power-to-X. Together with international top players from industry and academia, we accelerate innovation and implementation. Research in which TNO leads the way. Will you join us and pioneer, experiment and innovate for the energy and material transition at our facilities in Petten?
What will be your role?
As a project manager of innovation projects, you lead a team of enthusiastic specialists with different backgrounds which develop solutions to challenging problems. At the same time you are responsible for the (sometimes complex) legal and financial administrative handling of the project, for which you rely on and communicate with specialists in these fields. You use your communication skills effectively to help the team realize its deliverables within the constraints of quality, time and budget and to steer the internal and external administrative processes. Crucial to reach customer satisfaction is align with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders of the projects. Your ambition is to share ownership of the project with the whole team, while being a pragmatic provider of solutions to maximize the impact of the project.
Your home base within TNO Energy Transition is the Biobased and Circular Technologies (BCT) research group in Petten. A diverse and growing team with a lot of expertise. The research group has three main a focus areas:
- Thermochemical conversion of sustainable feedstock towards bio-fuels, -gasses and biochar and improving industrial processes with an intensive heat demand.
- Thermochemical conversion of waste streams of plastics.
- Development of sustainable processes for the production of bio-materials to replace fossil feedstock.
Your colleagues have backgrounds in physics, chemical- and process engineering, materials science, electrochemistry and project management. Each and every one of us operates on the edge of our knowledge level, which makes the work fun and challenging. Together you will work on performance improvement, system engineering and upscaling to realize the European Green Deal. TNO, as an independent research institute, really acts as a catalyst with in-depth process technology knowledge and skills in directing innovation.
What we expect from you
You’re well versed in the administrative requirements of complex mixed funding projects. You are experienced in organizing consortia, writing proposals, preparing submissions related to EU and national project calls. You have a sprouting track record in applying, executing and finishing such projects as project manager. Furthermore, you are willing to become an expert in the TNO internal project managements systems and is by experience or training able to manage projects at the IPMA-C level.
You are an open minded, enthusiastic and creative person. You focus on achieving concrete goals, and you do not let setbacks get you down. You are a good listener and are capable to translate the technological project plan into a SMART project planning and align internal and external stakeholders. You are able to work in multi-disciplinary teams and can switch easily between different tasks among projects.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Chemistry, Applied Physics or equivalent.
- At least 2 years working experience as project manager of (industrial) research and development projects.
- Experience in managing interests of the employer, external project partners, the sponsor and team members, including resolving potential project conflicts, challenges, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language or willing to learn Dutch at the highest NT2 level.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 4.000,- and € 5.800,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 8th of October, 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 17th of October, 2023. The second interview round has been scheduled for the 26th of October, 2023. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
“I may just have the most cheerful job in the world”. As a corporate recruiter at TNO, Lara Dimitrovski works mainly for the Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime (BI&M) unit. What does she pay attention to during an interview? Whether you are being yourself.
Posted by: #LI-LD1 Lara Dimitrovski
Email: [email protected]