Process Engineer Panel-level Technologies | Eindhoven
Want to make your mark on our time? Become a Process Engineer Panel-level Technologies at TNO in Eindhoven!
About this position
TNO at Holst Centre works with a range of thin-film technologies, originally developed for display and electronics applications, that have very interesting potential in the other, fast-growing application domains such as energy storage, advanced chip packaging and biomicrosystems applications such as Lab & Organ-on-Chip. TNO at Holst Centre works closely with the, local and international, ecosystems of start-ups and scale-ups to develop functional devices in these domains. To this end, a palette of panel-level processing technologies is employed consisting of e.g. metal sputtering, spatial atomic layer deposition (sALD), (PE)CVD, lamination and nano- and micro-scale structuring of materials via e.g. photolithography and/or replication technology (moulding, nanoimprint) – all of which TNO at Holst Centre operates within its 1600m2 panel-level cleanroom facilities. For the process development and realization of functional prototype devices for multiple application domains, we are looking for an all-round process engineer to strengthen the engineering team.
What will be your role?
You will join the Thin-Film Electronics team to develop and realize the department’s program and project portfolio, leveraging the department’s strengths in panel-level process technology and related technologies. Your daily activities will be varied since you will join a multidisciplinary team that executes multiple programs and projects with company partners and European consortia in parallel. Technically, the work will entail cleanroom processing of R&D samples and functional prototype devices and subsequent analysis of functional specifications. Part of your time will be devoted to maintenance of the cleanroom facilities of TNO at Holst Centre.
You have several years of hands-on experience in process engineering in cleanroom and R&D settings. Preferably, you already have some background in thin film technologies and the application of these types of technologies in functional devices. You will work closely and coordinate with colleagues in the Thin-Film Electronics team, specifically the cleanroom engineering team.
Your main activities will be to:
- Develop new processes and integrated process flows for the realization of functional devices; test and analyze the developed process flows versus functional specifications.
- Support the technical program roadmaps and projects, both from a process engineering and equipment engineering point of view.
- Collaborating closely with team members to ensure alignment on requirements and process development.
- Support validation of developed prototypes.
What we expect from you
- Professional education / BSc / MSc degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering Physics, Chemistry, Nanoscience or related discipline with a proven affinity with thin-film technology.
- 3+ years experience in technology development environment, preferably in a cleanroom using thin-film processing technologies.
- Pro-active and critical attitude towards development and execution of thin-film processes with clear goal in mind.
- Hands-on and taking responsibility, able to organize (practical) work in an efficient and cooperative way.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.673,- and € 4.840,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
‘You can achieve a lot at TNO if you take your chances’. Recruiter Brahim Dagdaoui has an eye for talent. It’s his job to make sure scientists find a place at TNO where they can blossom and work on groundbreaking innovations. He works for the units High Tech Industry and Mobility & Built Environment, where cool things are happening.
Posted by: #LI-BD1 Brahim Dagdaoui
Email: [email protected]