National Key Registry of the Subsurface Application Manager
Want to make your mark on our time? Become a National Key Registry of the Subsurface Application Manager at TNO in Utrecht!
About this position
Information about the subsurface of the Netherlands is essential for important societal issues. One of the main activities of the Geological Survey of the Netherlands (GDN), part of TNO, involves the intake, management, and delivery of data on, and models of, the Dutch subsurface. As Application Manager, you will ensure that the applications and supporting applications needed to perform all these tasks are and remain available. In this way, you will be contributing to a future-proof Netherlands.
What will be your role?
From home or at our office in Utrecht, you will work on continuously maintaining and improving GDN’s infrastructure and supporting applications. A typical working week will include the daily stand-up with your team, in which you discuss the current state of affairs. And, of course, tackling the tasks in Jira. For example, you will analyse incidents that you then resolve decisively and in order of urgency. You will also clearly document what you have done so that others can easily find it again. Through system and application management, and Life Cycle Management, you will continuously monitor the performance and availability of the supporting applications and infrastructure. You will also handle the intake, issuing and archiving of large data sets to and from tape. If there are projects relating to complex issues, such as implementing a new GIS infrastructure, you will participate in the project team with your knowledge of infrastructure and technical application management. And if the scrum or DevOps teams using the infrastructure to create and host various software products run into problems, you will provide support.
You will not be doing this all on your own, of course. Together with eight colleagues, you will form the Platform Team: a dedicated team within the Geo Data & IT department. Together, we are responsible for managing, maintaining, monitoring, and improving our own GDN infrastructure. Thanks to the different disciplines on our team, including a database specialist, a security expert, and an architect, we learn a lot from each other. And we help each other where necessary. So, if you are keen to work on complex technical challenges in a fun team and make an impact on tomorrow’s world, this is just the job for you.
What we expect from you
You communicate well and keep a cool head, even on hectic days. You have no problem organising your work efficiently and setting the right priorities. You see problems as opportunities. And obstacles are there to be overcome. You have the drive to continuously improve your knowledge and skills. Moreover, as a true team player, you feel jointly responsible for collectively achieving the desired results. Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- At least a Higher Professional Education (HBO) working and thinking level.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Orchestration, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Broad knowledge of (Red Hat) Linux, Windows, and the OpenShift Container Platform.
- Experience in managing applications such as Alfresco, KeyCloak, Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise (including Github Actions), Nexus, SonarQube, and Apache HTTPD.
- Experience in speaking and writing in English and preferably also in Dutch. Much of the communication and documentation is in Dutch, but English is also an important language in the organisation.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.213,- and € 4.403,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel[OPTIONAL] or a leased car.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 11th of December, 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Posted by: #LI-LV1 Liza van Gijtenbeek-Volkert
Email: [email protected]