Slot die coat expert Solar Technology | Eindhoven
Want to make your mark on our time? Become a Slot die coat expert Solar Technology in Eindhoven!
About this position
Do you want to commit to the energy transition and develop future generations of solar panels? As Slot die coat expert Solar Technology, you will research thin film solar systems and processes to provide the best possible way to develop and industrialize new PV technology and its very diverse applications. All this to make the energy transition possible and to optimally position the Dutch business community. Interested? The Solar Research groups of TNO consist of a diverse and international team of about 80 professionals in Eindhoven (NB) and Petten (NH). Together with industrial and scientific partners and clients, the group works on research and development in the field of solar technologies and its integration into surfaces in our living environment. To this end, we have excellent technical facilities and in-depth covering a wide range of PV value chain; from small cells to rigid and flexible substrates using sheet-to-sheet and roll-to-roll processing techniques and (mini-)modules made on our pilot lines. Furthermore, these solar cells and modules must have a circular design and be intrinsically reliable and safe. This entails new cell design, new process and equipment development, reliability and lifetime testing, prototyping, field-testing, development of advanced characterization and performance models. Our ambition is to support the energy transition by delivering sustainable, reliable and highly efficient solar technologies which can be integrated everywhere.
What will be your role?
Large area deposition techniques are needed to make perovskite solar cells an industrially relevant technology. As a Slot die coat expert, you will be in charge of for the complete chain of implementation of the “wet process” deposition of perovskite inks for thin film cells on rigid and flexible substrates. You understand how to adjust process parameters in order to improve the device performance. With this knowledge you support the team. You are familiar with the complexity of scaling laboratory processes and process tools to a reliable, high throughput, sheet-to-sheet or roll-to-roll, industrial process line. You will be involved in defining the next generation process equipment. Furthermore, you follow the state-of-the-art of perovskite cells as well as the latest developments in the deposition technology via scientific literature, conferences, patents and your own network. You will work in an interdependent team: organizing your own project, give it direction, and complete the associated activities, all the while working in a larger team of scientists and process engineers with the common goal to move perovskite solar cells to the forefront of next generation photovoltaics. More information can be found here.
The team you will work in is a very diverse, international team with knowledge and know-how from a wide range of backgrounds. Our work requires real team effort. You will spend a significant amount of your time in our labs, but also collaborate with colleagues within the Eindhoven and Petten offices. The position is located mainly on the High Tech Campus hotspot in Eindhoven, where you have every chance of inspiring contacts with other labs and companies.
What we expect from you
You have solid technical knowledge on solution processing and wet chemical coating techniques, and about solar cells and their application. You like working together with other scientists and engineers in multidisciplinary teams in an R&D environment. You do not mind occasional travel between our Eindhoven and Petten facilities.
In addition, we expect you to:
- Be a process expert, possibly having a Master or PhD level in Physics, Engineering or Materials Science.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Be comfortable working with complex equipment.
- Have a strong background on wet chemical coatings at scalable sizes.
- Have at least 5 years of experience with photovoltaics, or in process tool development.
- Have a proven strong lab processing background.
- Be eager to identify process-property relations and understand how these changes may impact the solar cell performance.
- You are able to clearly express yourself towards co-workers and customers in English.
- Have mature skills writing papers and giving (scientific) presentations.
- Have experience in working in an R&D environment.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.100,- and € 5.500,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 18th of December, 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Posted by: #LI-AG1 Anneke Geerts
Email: [email protected]